Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham
Department of Spinal Surgery (603741)
Specialized in: spinal surgery
About the Department of Spinal Surgery at Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham
The Department of Spinal Surgery at the Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham offers all the options of modern medicine in the area of its specialization. The key focus in clinical practice is on minimally invasive spinal surgery and pain management in chronic back pain. The department is headed Dr. med. Oliver Knutti.
The treatment tactics are developed for each patient individually, according to the results of exhaustive diagnostics – study of medical history, general examination of the spine, imaging tests (radiography, CT, MRI). The purpose of the treatment is to eliminate pain and ensure maximum freedom of movement.
The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of the following spinal pathologies:
- Cervical disc herniation
- Lumbar disc herniation
- Spinal stenosis
- Facet joint osteoarthritis
- Vertebral fractures
- Synovial cysts
- Other diseases
The therapeutic service range of the department includes:
- Conservative therapy
- Drug therapy
- Manual therapy
- Interventional pain therapy (local drug infiltration)
- Epidural infiltration (mostly performed for cervical and lumbar disc herniation, as well as for spinal stenosis)
- Nerve root infiltration (most often used for cervical and lumbar disc herniation, as well as for spinal stenosis)
- Facet joint infiltration (used for osteoarthritis of the intervertebral joints or spinal canal stenosis)
- Minimally invasive thoracic and lumbar decompression (the intervention is carried out on an inpatient basis, and its duration is about 60 minutes)
- Minimally invasive spinal fusion for spinal stabilization (the intervention is carried out on an inpatient basis, and its duration is from 90 to 120 minutes)
- Minimally invasive kyphoplasty for the treatment of vertebral fractures, particularly in osteoporosis (the intervention is carried out on an inpatient basis, and its duration is about 45 minutes)
- Other treatment methods
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Oliver Knutti
- General neurosurgery.
- Spinal surgery.
- Treatment of cerebrospinal fluid circulation disorders.
- Treatment of chronic back pain.
- 1999 - 2002 Work in the Department of Neurosurgery at the University Hospital Bern.
- 1996 - 1998 Senior Physician in the Department of Neurosurgery, Cantonal Hospital Chur.
- 1996 Work in the Department of Neurosurgery at the University Hospital Zurich.
- 1995 Department of Surgery, Stadtspital Waid, Switzerland.
- 1991 - 1994 Work in the Department of Neurosurgery, Cantonal Hospital Aarau.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 1998 - 1999 Board certification in Neurosurgery, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 1990 Doctoral thesis defense.
- 1984 - 1990 Study of Human Medicine at the Universities of Lausanne and Zurich.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- Swiss Society of Neurosurgery.
- Medical Association of the Canton of Zug.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Spinal Surgery.
Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.