Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham
Department of Urology (603754)
Specialized in: urology
About the department
The Department of Urology at the Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham provides the full range of modern diagnostic tests, conservative and surgical treatment of diseases of the genital organs in men, as well as pathologies of the urinary system in men and women. The department is headed by Dr. med. Heinrich Gretener.
The department has modern equipment for endoscopic and robot-assisted (da Vinci) interventions that allow the patient to recover as soon as possible after treatment completion. The examination is carried out in collaboration with the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology (radiography, ultrasound, CT, MRI). Thus, the department’s team of doctors has all the necessary resources for conducting first-class treatment according to the very latest medical standards.
The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases:
- Prostate cancer
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Kidney tumors
- Bladder tumors
- Kidney stone disease
- Inflammatory processes in the kidneys, bladder, prostate gland, epididymis
- Urethral stenosis
- Erectile dysfunction
- Infertility in men
- Other urological pathologies
The therapeutic options of the department include:
- Prostate interventions
- Transurethral resection of the prostate
- Transurethral enucleation of the prostate
- Radical prostatectomy (also using robot-assisted techniques – da Vinci)
- Removal of bladder tumors
- Transurethral resection of the bladder
- Open surgery
- Removal of kidney tumors and kidney stones
- Minimally invasive techniques
- Percutaneous nephrolithotripsy
- Removal of ureteral stones
- Minimally invasive techniques
- Removal of testicular tumors
- Treatment of inflammatory processes of the testicles and epididymides
- Treatment of hydrocele, varicocele
- Treatment of testicular torsion
- Treatment of urethral stenosis
- Endoscopic techniques
- Open surgical techniques
- Circumcision (partial or total)
- Penile curvature correction
- Vasectomy (a minimally invasive method without using a scalpel)
- Other therapeutic services
- Diagnostics, treatment, prevention and rehabilitation for diseases, malformations and injuries of the urinary system in men and women, male genital organs, hormonal disorders in men (andrology).
- Prostate cancer screening in men.
- Vasectomy in men who do not plan to have children in the future.
- Ultrasound diagnostics of the genitourinary system.
Professional Career and Education
- 2002 - 2006 Chief Physician of the Department of Urology at the Cantonal Hospital Aarau.
- 2002 Board certification (European standard).
- 2001 Board certification in Urology, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 1999 Doctoral thesis defense, University of Zurich.
- 1998 - 2002 Work in the Department of Urology, University Hospital Zurich.
- 1996 - 1997 Work in the Department of Urology, Cantonal Hospital Lucerne.
- 1993 - 1996 Work in the Department of Surgery, Cantonal Hospital Lucerne, Department of Pediatric Surgery at the Clinic Largiadèr Kantonsspital Luzern, Department of Urology at the Clinic Schärli Kantonsspital Luzern.
- 1991 - 1993 Work in the Department of Surgery at the Clinic Zieglerspital Bern.
- 1991 American State Examination of the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), Philadelphia, USA.
- 1990 State Exam in Medicine, Switzerland.
- 1989 Internship, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA.
- 1984 - 1989 Study of Human Medicine at the University of Bern.
Memberships in professional Societies
- Swiss Society of Urology (SGU).
- Swiss Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (Section of Urology).
- European Association of Urology (EAU).
- European Board of Urology (EBU).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Urology.
Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.