Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine (603757)
Specialized in: pediatric and adolescent medicine
About the department
The Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at the Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham offers the full range of medical services for the diagnostics and treatment of diseases in children. The department’s specialists deal with the treatment of patients of various age groups – from newborns to adolescents. The doctors of the department have extensive experience and the necessary qualifications to provide comprehensive medical care and monitor the physical and psycho-emotional development of children. The department has modern infrastructure, as well as a medical and technical base, including an emergency service. The department is headed by Dr. med. Pius Bürki.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Diagnostic services
- General preventive examinations
- Assessment of the physical and psycho-emotional development of the child
- Assessment of hearing and vision in children
- Spirometry to assess the function of external respiration, including the measurement of volumetric and velocity indicators of respiration
- Ultrasound scanning of the hip joints in newborns (diagnostics of dysplasia)
- Ultrasound scanning of the gastrointestinal tract and kidneys
- Laboratory tests
- Therapeutic services
- Emergency medical care
- Treatment of behavioral disorders
- Treatment of cognitive disorders
- Treatment of eating and sleeping disorders in children
- Treatment of bronchial asthma
- Treatment of neurodermatitis
- Treatment of allergic reactions
- Treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Treatment of injuries and wounds, including minor and outpatient surgical interventions
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
- 08.04.1991 Doctoral degree and doctoral thesis defense, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Bern. Thesis subject: "Studies on the effect of theophylline on respiratory regulation in infants at high risk for sudden death".
- 1987 Individual training course in Computer Science, Institute of Computer Science, University of Bern.
- 1983 - 1989 Study of Human Medicine at the Universities of Fribourg and Bern.
Professional Postgraduate Training
- 1997 Board certification in Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 1998 Assistant Physician and Deputy Senior Physician, Department of Pediatrics, Children's Hospital in Lucerne.
- 1997 Assistant Physician with special training in impaired neurological development and oncology, Center for Cerebral Palsy, Children's Hospital in Lucerne, as well as part-time employment as an Assistant Physician in Dr. Sulser’s Private Practice, Stans.
- 1995 - 1996 Assistant Physician, Department of Pediatrics, Children's Hospital in Lucerne.
- 1994 Assistant Physician, Department of Pediatric Surgery, Children's Hospital in Lucerne.
- 1991 - 1993 Assistant Physician, Institute of Physiology, University of Zurich.
- 1991 Assistant Physician, Institute of Physiology, University of Bern.
- 1990 Assistant Physician, Section for Metabolic Disorders at the Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Bern.
Work in Private Medical Practices
- 2005 Foundation of the Center for Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine (Kinder- und Jugendmedizin Lindenpark AG) in Bar, Switzerland (in 2011, the Center was renamed Kinderzentrum Lindenpark AG).
- 2003 - 2005 Joint Practice in Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine in Zug (together with Dr. med. Romediius Alber).
- 1998 - 2003 Private Practice in Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine in Zug.
- Developmental disorders.
- Behavioral disorders, including attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- Academic failure at school due to cognitive disorders.
- Hip ultrasound in infants.
- Lung diseases.
- Bronchial asthma.
Memberships in Professional Societies and Associations
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 1999 - 2003 Board Member of the Swiss Society of Pulmonology (SGP), Section of Pediatrics.
- 2003 - 2013 Head of Continuing Education Courses at the Swiss Society of Pediatrics (SGP).
- Association of Pediatricians of Central Switzerland.
- Association of Physicians of the Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham.
- Association of Physicians of the Canton of Zug (AGZG).
- Zug Society for General Practitioner Medicine (ZUGHAM).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine.
Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.