Hirslanden Clinic Aarau
Department of Otolaryngology (26317)
Specialized in: otolaryngology
About the Department of Otolaryngology at Hirslanden Clinic Aarau
The Department of Otolaryngology at the Hirslanden Clinic Aarau provides a competent counseling, highly accurate diagnostics and effective treatment of ENT disorders. The work of the department's medical team is based on an interdisciplinary approach, which ensures optimal therapeutic results. The department is headed by Dr. med. Jörg Klask.
The otolaryngologists provide both conservative and surgical treatment of ENT disorders. In most cases, surgical treatment is performed using endoscopic techniques. Due to the minimal injury rate of such interventions, the patient can recover and return to normal life in a short time, while the risk of complications is almost eliminated.
The department has all modern diagnostic examinations allowing to accurately assess the state of ENT organs and select the most effective treatment regimen. These include ultrasound scanning, audiometry, laryngoscopy, otoscopy, rhinoscopy, CT, MRI, etc. The diagnostic results are the basis for development of the optimal therapeutic tactics. If possible, the doctors solve the problem using conservative methods, but in the absence of positive dynamics they resort to surgical procedures. Due attention is also paid to the follow-up monitoring of the patient after surgery and the provision of proper care.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of ear diseases
- Hearing loss
- Balance disorder
- Sudden hearing loss
- Chronic middle ear infections (microsurgery)
- Eardrum defects (microsurgery)
- Otosclerosis (microsurgery)
- Ear shape and ear canal defects
- Selection and monitoring of hearing aids
- Diagnostics and treatment of nose and paranasal sinus diseases
- Impaired nasal airflow (treatment using laser techniques)
- Inflammatory and allergic processes in the nose and paranasal sinuses
- Injuries and shape defects of the internal and external nose
- Endoscopic and microscopic surgery of the nose and paranasal sinuses
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the oral cavity and throat
- Inflammatory processes and pathological changes in the mucous membrane of the oral cavity and throat
- Snoring (including surgical treatment)
- Benign and malignant neoplasms of the mouth and throat
- Diagnostics and treatment of voice disorders and laryngeal diseases
- Pathological lesions of the vocal cords and hoarseness
- Benign and malignant tumors of the vocal cords and larynx (endoscopic and microsurgical interventions)
- Diagnostics and treatment of salivary gland diseases, pathological lesions of the soft tissues in the neck
- Benign and malignant tumors of the salivary glands and soft tissues in the neck
- Diagnostics and treatment of other otolaryngologic diseases
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Jörg Klask
- Middle ear surgery for hearing improvement.
- Surgical treatment of cholesteatoma.
- Endonasal surgery of the paranasal sinuses.
- Surgical treatment of salivary gland pathologies.
- Since June 2004 Work in private practice in Olten, as well as work in the Department of Otolaryngology at the Hirslanden Clinic Aarau.
- 1998 - May 2004 Assistant Physician, then Senior Physician, Department of Otolaryngology at the Essen University Hospital.
- 1996 - 1998 Assistant Physician, Department of Otolaryngology at the Marienhospital Gelsenkirchen, Gelsenkirchen.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2003 Specialization in Neck and Facial Surgery.
- 2001 Board certification in Otolaryngology.
- 1997 Doctorate and admission to medical practice.
- 1993 - 1996 Study of Human Medicine at the Universities of Bochum and Essen.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Society of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Neck and Face Surgery (SGORL).
- German Society of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Otolaryngology.
Hirslanden Clinic Aarau:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.