Hirslanden Clinic Aarau
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology (603849)
Specialized in: endocrinology, diabetology
About the department
The Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology at the Hirslanden Clinic Aarau offers the full range of medical services in the areas of its specialization. The diagnostics and treatment are carried out in accordance with current medical advances, the treatment regimen is individually adapted to the clinical indications and needs of a particular patient. The department is headed by Dr. med. Jürg Lareida.
The department annually treats more than 2,600 patients, while more than 1,500 of them are the patients with diabetes mellitus, and more than 400 patients suffer from thyroid diseases. In addition, the department's doctors have excellent qualifications in the field of osteoporosis treatment.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of adrenal diseases
- Cushing's syndrome
- Addison's disease
- Primary hyperaldosteronism
- Adrenal cortex dysfunction
- Diagnostics and treatment of thyroid diseases
- Autoimmune thyroiditis
- Diffuse goiter
- Thyroid adenoma
- Thyroid cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of pituitary diseases
- Pituitary adenoma
- Diagnostics and treatment of impaired levels of sex hormones in erectile dysfunction in men and menopause in women
- Diagnostics and treatment of osteoporosis
- Bone density measurement (densitometry, DEX)
- Diagnostics and treatment of obesity
- Individually selected diet, physical activity and normalization of the hormonal balance (in the case of obesity caused by hormonal disorders)
- Diagnostics and treatment of type I and II diabetes mellitus
- Insulin therapy
- Diet therapy
- Lifestyle modification
- Diagnostics and treatment of other endocrine diseases
Education and Professional Career
- 1978 - 1985 Study of Human Medicine at the University of Zurich, as well as one semester of study in San Francisco.
- 1986 Doctoral thesis defense. Subject: "Microsurgical treatment methods for female infertility".
- 1986 - 1987 Assistant Physician, Department of Surgery, Cantonal Hospital Baden.
- 1987 - 1989 Assistant Physician, Department of Internal Medicine, Cantonal Hospital Aarau.
- 1989 - 1990 Assistant Physician, Clinic in Zurich.
- 1990 - 1992 Assistant Physician, Department of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Metabolic Disorders, Clinic in Basel.
- 1992 - 1994 Senior Physician, Department of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Metabolic Disorders, Clinic in Basel.
- Since 1995 Private Practice in Endocrinology and Diabetology in Aarau (focus on the treatment of diabetes mellitus, thyroid diseases and osteoporosis), as well as work at the Hirslanden Clinic Aarau.
- Since 2008 Board Member of the Aargau Medical Association (currently – Vice President).
- Board certification in Endocrinology and Diabetology.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Society of Endocrinology and Diabetology (SGED).
- Swiss Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM).
- Swiss Association against Osteoporosis (SVGO).
- European Society of Endocrinology (ESE).
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology.
Hirslanden Clinic Aarau:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.