Hirslanden Clinic am Rosenberg Heiden
Department of Neurosurgery (114095)
Specialized in: neurosurgery
About the Department of Neurosurgery at Hirslanden Clinic am Rosenberg Heiden
The Department of Neurosurgery at the Hirslanden Clinic am Rosenberg Heiden offers all the options of modern medicine for the treatment of diseases of the nervous system. Of particular interest is surgery to remove brain or spinal cord tumors, treatment of cerebral hemorrhages, traumatic brain injuries, etc. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Stephan Jakob.
The department has a highly modern technical base and progressive operating rooms with the possibility of intraoperative imaging, navigation systems and other equipment. If necessary, the cutting-edge 3D computer systems are used for a thorough planning of the surgical procedure. The neurosurgeons of the department strictly comply with current clinical protocols, which guarantees a favorable treatment outcome.
The main activities of the department include:
- Surgical removal of brain tumors
- Surgical treatment of aneurysms and vascular malformations of the nervous system
- Surgical treatment of trigeminal neuralgia
- Surgical treatment of hydrocephalus
- Surgical treatment of traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal surgery
- Spinal stenosis correction
- Spinal stabilization
- Surgical removal of spinal and spinal cord tumors
- Surgical treatment of osteoporotic spinal lesions
- Interventional pain therapy for spinal pain
- Other surgical options
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Stephan Jakob
- Spinal surgery:
- Degenerative spinal diseases, minimally invasive techniques.
- Spinal stabilization and prosthetics of the intervertebral discs of the cervical and lumbar spine.
- Spinal and spinal cord tumors.
- Surgical treatment of osteoporotic spinal lesions.
- Interventional pain therapy:
- Diagnostics and treatment of pathological lesions of the intervertebral discs.
- Diseases of the intervertebral joints, sacroiliac joint, as well as lesions of the nerve roots and "whiplash injury".
- Since 2011 Work in the Department of Neurosurgery at the Hirslanden Clinic am Rosenberg Heiden.
- 2009 - 2010 Senior Physician, Department of Neurosurgery, Cantonal Hospital Winterthur.
- 2008 - 2009 Work in Dr. Morgenstern’s Private Practice, Spinal Surgery and Pain Therapy, Uster.
- 2008 Senior Physician, Department of Spinal Neurosurgery, Westpfalzklinikum Kaiserslautern Clinic.
- 2005 - 2007 Work in the Department of Neurosurgery at the Cantonal Hospital Aarau.
- 2004 - 2005 Work in the Department of Surgery, Schulthess Clinic in Zurich.
- 2001 - 2004 Work in the Department of Neurosurgery at the Cantonal Hospital St. Gallen.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 1992 - 2000 Study of Human Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Lübeck.
- March 2002 Doctoral dissertation at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Lübeck. Thesis subject: "Endoscopic use of a water-jet dissector in the ventricular system of the brain - an experimental study".
- 2008 Board certification in Neurosurgery.
- 2008 Continuing education in Interventional Pain Therapy, Swiss Society for Interventional Pain Management (SSIPM).
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Society of Neurosurgery.
- Swiss Society for Interventional Pain Management (SSIPM).
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Neurosurgery.
Hirslanden Clinic am Rosenberg Heiden:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.