Hirslanden Clinic Bois-Cerf Lausanne
Department of Radiation Oncology (603679)
Specialized in: radiation oncology
About the department
The Department of Department of Radiation Oncology at the Hirslanden Clinic Bois-Cerf Lausanne offers various types of radiation therapy for the treatment of cancer. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Michael Betz.
The department has Varian Truebeam® linear accelerator of the latest generation, which allows the doctors to carry out high-precision irradiation of tumors without harm to healthy surrounding tissues.
Each radiation session is carefully planned with the participation of radiation therapists and medical physicists. The department cooperates closely with the Department of Oncology, the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology. Such multidisciplinary approach guarantees a successful treatment outcome.
The department specializes in radiation therapy for the following cancers:
- Malignant breast tumors
- Malignant tumors of the female reproductive organs
- Malignant tumors of the male reproductive organs
- Malignant tumors of the thoracic organs
- Malignant musculoskeletal tumors
- Malignant tumors of the nervous system
- Malignant head and neck tumors
- Other solid malignancies
- Breast cancer treatment.
- Prostate cancer treatment.
- Lymphoma treatment.
- Gastrointestinal cancer treatment.
- ENT cancer treatment.
- December 2011 - October 2012 Head of the Department of Radiation Oncology, Cantonal Hospital Friborg.
- July 2009 - November 2011 Head of the Department of Radiation Oncology, Geneva University Hospital.
- April 2008 - June 2009 Deputy Head of the Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Lausanne.
- April 2007 - March 2008 Assistant Physician, Cancer Center, University Hospital Lausanne.
- April 2006 - March 2007 Assistant Physician, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Lausanne.
- January 2004 - March 2006 Assistant Physician, Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Lausanne.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2010 Specialization in Radiation Oncology, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 2003 Doctoral Degree, University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
- 1997 Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, University of Texas at Austin, USA.
- 1996 Bachelor's Degree in History of Art, University of Texas at Austin, USA.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Scientific Association of Swiss Radiation Oncology (SASRO).
- Swiss Society of Radiation Oncology (SRO).
- European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO).
- American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO).
Department of Radiation Oncology.
Hirslanden Clinic Bois-Cerf Lausanne:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.