Hirslanden Clinic Bois-Cerf Lausanne
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology (603861)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology at the Hirslanden Clinic Bois-Cerf Lausanne offers the full range of consulting, diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients with ENT diseases. The department's doctors specialize in medical care for patients of various age categories – from young children to adult patients and elderly people. The department is headed by Dr. med. Micaela Oedman-Jaques.
The key attention in clinical practice is paid to surgical interventions on ENT organs, ultrasound diagnostics and hearing screening, monitoring of hearing aids. The health of patients is in the reliable hands of experienced highly-specialized doctors who have a perfect command of all modern treatment methods.
The department provides the diagnostics and treatment of the following ENT diseases:
- Nasal diseases
- Nasal breathing disorders
- Nasal fractures
- Nasal polyps
- Smell disorders
- Sore throat
- Tonsil diseases, including chronic tonsillitis
- Voice disorders
- Swallowing disorders
- Chronic cough
- Oral diseases
- Pathological tongue lesions
- Pathological lesions of the mucous membrane of the cheeks
- Ear diseases
- Infectious ear lesions
- Hearing loss
- Protruding ears
- Neck pathologies
- Neck cysts
- Thyroid diseases
- Salivary gland diseases
- Lymph node diseases
- Other otolaryngological diseases
The surgical options of the department include:
- Tonsil interventions in adults
- Pediatric otolaryngologic surgery
- Tonsil interventions
- Transtympanic drainage
- Nasal surgery
- Surgical interventions on the paranasal sinuses
- Correction of nasal septum defects
- Removal of nasal polyps
- Neck surgery
- Resection of neck cysts and lipomas
- Salivary gland surgery
- Thyroid surgery
- Lymph node surgery in cancers
- Endoscopic interventions in diagnostic and therapeutic purposes
- Diagnostics (examination of the bronchi, esophagus)
- Therapy (treatment of cancer and benign polyps of the vocal cords, malignant tumors of the oral cavity and throat)
- Facial surgery
- Correction of pathological skin lesions
- Correction of everted ears
- Cosmetic surgery
- Botox and hyaluronic acid injections for correction of certain types of wrinkles
- Other surgical services
Dr. Oedman-Jaques began her medical studies in Lausanne in 1994. After a year in Lund, in Sweden, she obtained her degree in medicine in Lausanne in December 2000. After practising general surgery for a year in the hospital in Morges, she embarked on her ENT training in Lausanne under the supervision of Prof. Philippe Monnier. She worked as Chief Clinician in the hospital at La Chaux-de-Fonds (2006 - 2007) before coming back to CHUV, where she worked as Chief Clinician for another four years.
In January 2005, she defended her dissertation at the University of Geneva. Subject: "Influence of diet on the emergence of gallstones".
Dr Oedman-Jaques had her board certification in Otolaryngology in 2005 and got specialization in Head and Neck Surgery in 2006. Her training was completed with a diploma in Neck Ultrasonography in 2010. Since October 2011, Dr. Oedman-Jaques works at her ENT Private Practice.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology.
Hirslanden Clinic Bois-Cerf Lausanne:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.