Hirslanden Clinic La Colline Geneva
Department of Cardiac Surgery (26389)
Specialized in: cardiac surgery
About the department
The Department of Cardiac Surgery at the Hirslanden Clinic La Colline Geneva offers the full range of surgical treatment of pathologies of the cardiovascular system. The medical facility widely uses sparing minimally invasive surgical techniques and robot-assisted surgery. To this end, innovative equipment is available in the department. A team of cardiac surgeons has a perfect command of modern surgical techniques, so the health of patients is in good hands. When performing operations, the specialists strictly comply with standardized clinical protocols of professional European societies. The Chief Physician of the department is PD Dr. med. Aristotelis Panos.
The surgical options of the department include:
- Surgical treatment of mitral valve diseases
- Mitral valve reconstruction using minimally invasive and robot-assisted techniques
- Minimally invasive and endoscopic mitral valve replacement (mechanical and biological prostheses)
- Mitral valve repair in case of its insufficiency (classic, minimally invasive and robot-assisted techniques)
- Surgical treatment of aortic valve diseases
- Aortic valve replacement in case of stenosis and insufficiency, including using minimally invasive techniques
- Aortic valve reconstruction
- Surgical treatment of tricuspid valve diseases
- Surgical treatment of pathologies of the thoracic region and the aortic arch
- Surgical treatment of thoracic aortic aneurysm
- Thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR)
- Surgical treatment of thoracic aortic dissection
- Surgical and drug treatment of infectious endocarditis
- Robot-assisted thymectomy (thymus surgery)
- Installation of pacemakers for the treatment of heart rhythm disturbances (arrhythmias)
- Other medical services
Dr. Aristotelis Panos studied Biology and Medicine at the University of Geneva and continued his specialized training in Cardiac Surgery at the university hospitals of Geneva. At a fairly young age, he took up the position of the head of the department at the à l’Hôpital Universitaire Louis Pradel Hospital in Lyon. During these years, he practiced various mitral valve reconstruction techniques, and then continued to work in this direction at the Hôpital de la Pitié-Salpetrière Hospital in Paris. Since 2004, he has been involved in minimally invasive heart surgery, and in 2008 and 2011 he performed the first mitral valve reconstruction and the first coronary artery bypass grafting in Switzerland using the da Vinci robotic system. Since then, he has also performed video-assisted surgical interventions on heart valves and published works on several surgical techniques. In 2007, Dr. Aristotelis Panos received the title of PD of the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Geneva for his work on brain perfusion during surgical interventions on the thoracic aorta. He is the author of three dissertations and several articles on this subject.
Department of Cardiac Surgery.
Hirslanden Clinic La Colline Geneva:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.