Hirslanden Clinic La Colline Geneva
Department of Knee and Hip Surgery (26403)
Specialized in: knee and hip surgery
About the department
The Department of Knee and Hip Surgery at the Hirslanden Clinic La Colline Geneva offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment in this medical field. The department is headed by Dr. med. Jean-Philippe Corsat.
The specialists of the department begin treatment of knee and hip diseases with the use of effective conservative techniques, but when there is no positive dynamics they perform surgical interventions. The surgeons of the department have a perfect command of minimally invasive techniques and widely use them in clinical practice. Knee and hip joint replacement surgeries are the most common operations.
The treatment is preceded by the comprehensive diagnostics using modern imaging methods, such as X-ray, CT scan, MRI, etc. The imaging diagnostic tests are also carried out after treatment completion, to assess its results.
The department’s range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of knee diseases
- Knee osteoarthrosis
- Patellar dislocation
- Cruciate ligament tear
- Diagnostics and treatment of hip diseases
- Hip osteoarthritis
- Hip dysplasia
- Axial femoral displacements and their complications
- Diagnostics and treatment of other diseases
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 1987 - 1991 Senior Fellow, Department of Orthopedics, University Hospital Geneva.
- 1986 - 1987 Foreign Resident and Fellowship, Department of Orthopedics, Cochin’s Hospital, Paris.
- 1982 - 1986 Fellowship, Department of Orthopaedics at the University Hospital Geneva.
- 1981 - 1982 Residency, Department of General Surgery, Regional Hospital of Martigny (Valais).
- 1980 - 1981 Residency, Department of Digestive Surgery and Urology, University Hospital Geneva.
- 1973 - 1979 Study of Human Medicine, University of Geneva.
- Since 2010 Head of the Department of Knee and Hip Surgery at the Hirslanden Clinic La Colline Geneva.
- Since 1991 Orthopaedic Surgeon, Member of the Swiss Medical Association (FMH), Private Practice.
- 1991 - 1997 Attending Consultant for Orthopaedics, University Hospital Geneva.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Knee and Hip Surgery.
Hirslanden Clinic La Colline Geneva:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.