Hirslanden Clinic St. Anna Lucerne
Department of Orthopedics (114099)
Carlo De Simoni
Specialized in: orthopedics
About the Department of Orthopedics at Hirslanden Clinic St. Anna Lucerne
The Department of Orthopedics at the Hirslanden Clinic St. Anna Lucerne offers the full range of highly accurate diagnostics and effective treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and injuries. The specialization covers the treatment of pathologies of the upper and lower extremities. The department also includes an Emergency Service that works around the clock. The clinical practice is based on an interdisciplinary approach, which is why orthopedists, traumatologists, physiotherapists, rheumatologists and other doctors work hand in hand here. Due to the outstanding quality of medical services, the department has an excellent reputation throughout the country. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Carlo De Simoni.
The main goal of the department’s medical team is the most effective restoration of the patient's mobility and getting rid of the pain syndrome. To achieve this goal, the most modern and reliable treatment methods are applied – both conservative and surgical ones. If possible, the doctors try to eliminate the causes and clinical manifestations of the disease conservatively, but if such treatment does not give positive dynamics, then they resort to surgical interventions. Each patient benefits from an individual treatment regimen, which takes into account clinical indications, general health status, age and wishes of a particular patient.
The department’s range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of shoulder diseases
- Rotator cuff tear
- Shoulder impingement syndrome
- Forearm calcification
- Biceps tendon lesions
- Shoulder instability
- Shoulder arthrosis
- Shoulder dislocation
- Diagnostics and treatment of elbow diseases
- Golfer's elbow
- Tennis elbow
- Elbow bursitis
- Elbow dislocation
- Elbow fractures
- Diagnostics and treatment of hand diseases
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Rhysarthrosis and finger joint arthrosis
- Trigger fingers
- Hand fractures
- Hand ganglion
- Dupuytren's contracture
- Diagnostics and treatment of hip diseases
- Hip arthrosis
- Femoral head necrosis
- Hip dysplasia
- Hip fracture
- Hip impingement syndrome
- Diagnostics and treatment of knee diseases
- Knee arthrosis
- Meniscal tear and other meniscal lesions
- Anterior and/or posterior cruciate ligament tear
- Lateral ligament tear
- Diagnostics and treatment foot and ankle diseases
- Hallux valgus
- Hammer toes
- Ankle arthrosis
- Achilles tendon injuries
- Ligament lesions
- Ankle fractures
- Morton's neuroma
- Diagnostics and treatment of sports injuries
- Revision surgery of the upper and lower extremities
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Carlo De Simoni
Education and Professional Career
- 1981 - 1987 Study of Medicine at the Universities of Freiburg and Bern.
- 1989 - 1990 Assistant Physician, Department of General Surgery, Cantonal Hospital Wohlhausen.
- 1990 - 1992 Assistant Physician, Department of General Surgery, Cantonal Hospital Lucerne.
- 1992 - 1993 Assistant Physician of the Department of Orthopedics, Cantonal Hospital Solothurn.
- 1993 - 1996 Assistant Physician, Department of Orthopedics, University Hospital Balgrist, Zurich.
- 1996 Assistant Physician, Department of Traumatology, University Hospital Zurich.
- 1997 - 2001 Senior Physician, Department of Orthopedics, Cantonal Hospital Lucerne.
- 2001 - 2002 Leading Physician and Deputy Head of the Department of Orthopedics, Cantonal Hospital Lucerne.
- Head of the AZOT Center for Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Arthroscopic surgery.
- Knee and hip reconstructive surgery, knee and hip arthroplasty.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Medical Association of the Canton of Lucerne.
- Member of the Board of the German Arthroscopy Association.
- Society of Orthopedics, Traumatology and Sports Medicine.
- Swiss Society of Orthopedics.
- AOTK Knee Expert Group.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Orthopedics.
Hirslanden Clinic St. Anna Lucerne:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.