Hirslanden Clinic St. Anna Lucerne
Department of Obstetrics (26377)
Specialized in: obstetrics
About the department
The Department of Obstetrics at the Hirslanden Clinic St. Anna Lucerne provides first-class services in pregnancy management, childbirth and postpartum care for both mother and baby. The department includes three modern delivery rooms, in which about 800 children are born every year. Medical care for patients is based on long experience of obstetricians, and also takes into account the individual needs of the mother and child. The specialists of the department guarantee a safe delivery in a pleasant and friendly atmosphere. If desired, the expectant mother can undergo special courses to prepare for childbirth. The Department is headed by Dr. med. Stefanie Amann.
The department conducts comprehensive monitoring of the course of pregnancy, including prenatal ultrasound diagnostics, laboratory tests, invasive procedures to correct certain fetal abnormalities in the womb and other options. Due attention is also paid to counseling, where patients can receive all the necessary information about childbirth, postpartum care for the baby, breastfeeding, etc.
Childbirth takes place in spacious, well-equipped delivery rooms, in which there is a comfortable obstetric chair-bed, delivery aids, special medical equipment for emergency care in case of complicated childbirth. There is also a special bath for childbirth in the water. If desired, the child's father or one of the family members may be present during the childbirth.
The obstetricians of the department do everything possible to ensure that the delivery is as painless as possible, so the expectant mother is offered various methods of pain relief, for example, acupuncture, aromatherapy, peridural anesthesia. During childbirth, a woman can take the most convenient position for her, namely standing, sitting or lying down. If necessary, a cesarean section can be performed immediately. With the available clinical indications, the cesarean section can also be performed as planned.
After giving birth, the woman is provided with the necessary assistance. The qualified specialists will help with the care of the newborn and the beginning of breastfeeding. As a rule, the hospitalization period after natural birth is three days, while after cesarean section it will last four days. According to clinical indications, the hospitalization period can be shortened or extended. Naturally, at this time the child is under the supervision of pediatricians, and the gynecologist regularly examines the woman. The service range is complemented by psychological support in the postpartum period.
The department’s key areas of work include:
- Integrated management of pregnancy
- Ultrasound examinations in all trimesters of pregnancy
- Laboratory tests
- Invasive diagnostics for suspected genetic syndromes
- Interventional therapeutic procedures for the correction of certain congenital malformations at the stage of intrauterine development
- Natural childbirth
- Childbirth in water
- Cesarean section
- Childbirth with the partner
- Pain relief during childbirth (acupuncture, aromatherapy, epidural anesthesia)
- Postpartum care for the mother and newborn, including psychological support for the mother
- Prenatal classes for expectant mothers
- Other medical services
- 2012 - 2015 Senior Physician, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Lucerne Cantonal Hospital.
- 2009 - 2012 Assistant Physician in the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Lucerne Cantonal Hospital.
- 2008 - 2009 Assistant Physician in the Department of Surgery, Lucerne Cantonal Hospital.
- 2006 - 2008 Assistant Physician in the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Lucerne Cantonal Hospital.
- Pregnancy and obstetric services.
- Gynecological surgery (laparoscopy).
- 3D and 4D ultrasound diagnostics in gynecology and obstetrics.
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology.
- Breast diseases.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- Swiss Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (SGGG).
- Medical Association of Lucerne.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Obstetrics.
Hirslanden Clinic St. Anna Lucerne:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.