Hirslanden Clinic St. Anna Lucerne
Department of Oncology (26381)
Specialized in: oncology
About the department
The Department of Oncology at the Hirslanden Clinic St. Anna Lucerne provides the full range of services for the prevention, diagnostics, treatment and follow-up care of patients with malignant and benign neoplasms of internal organs and blood diseases. The department is headed by PD Dr. med. Andreas Himmelmann.
In most cases, the treatment is based on the surgical removal of the tumor, which is complemented by chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy. Chemotherapy is indicated for patients with malignant hematologic diseases. The doctors of the department practice an interdisciplinary approach to treatment, which helps to achieve the most successful results.
A treatment regimen is developed for each patient individually, taking into account his diagnosis, the characteristics of the course of the disease, clinical indicators, age, the presence of concomitant pathologies, etc. Naturally, when planning the therapeutic process, the wishes of the patient are also taken into account. Since such a diagnosis as cancer causes a great emotional shock and fear, psychological support is an important component of treatment. The experienced psychologists help the patient cope with emotions and set him up for a favorable treatment outcome.
Thanks to the presence of progressive diagnostic rooms, laboratories and operating rooms with computerized equipment in the department, the patient receives high-quality medical care in accordance with international standards. All diagnostic studies and therapeutic procedures are carried out in accordance with current clinical protocols. The team of oncologists regularly undergoes advanced training courses, participates in medical conferences, congresses, symposiums, and therefore can guarantee their patients exceptional experience, as well as professional application of classic and innovative treatment methods. An important role is attached to the respectful and humane attitude of the medical staff to each patient.
The department’s range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of breast cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of lung cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of gastrointestinal cancers (for example, colon, stomach, pancreas cancers, etc.)
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancers of the female reproductive system (for example, uterine, cervical, ovarian cancers, etc.)
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancer of the male genital organs (for example, prostate, testicular cancers)
- Diagnostics and treatment of kidney cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of bladder cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of ENT tumors
- Diagnostics and treatment of brain tumors
- Diagnostics and treatment of skin tumors
- Diagnostics and treatment of tumors of the hematopoietic and lymphatic systems (for example, lymphomas, multiple myeloma, leukemia)
- Diagnostics and treatment of anemia
- Diagnostics and treatment of myeloproliferative diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of other oncopathologies
- 2003 Habilitation in Hematology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Zurich.
- 1983 - 1989 Study of Human Medicine at the Universities of Bonn, Munich and Zurich.
- 2004 - 2005 Chief Physician of the Department of Oncology, University Hospital Zurich.
- 2000 - 2003 Senior Physician of the Department of Internal Medicine B, University Hospital Zurich, and also 6 months as a Senior Physician of the Department of Medical Oncology at the University Hospital Zurich.
- 2000 Lecturer at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Zurich.
- 1996 - 1999 Work in Clinical Hematology, University Hospital Zurich.
- 1993 - 1996 Postdoctoral Fellow and Research Fellow, Immunoregulation Laboratory, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, USA.
- 1989 - 1993 Department of Internal Medicine at the University Hospital Zurich.
- Hematologic diagnostics, including bone marrow testing.
- Myelodysplastic syndrome.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Society of Hematology (SGH).
- European Hematology Association (EHA).
- Lymphoma Project Team of the Swiss Group for Clinical Cancer Research (SAKK).
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes Foundation
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Oncology.
Hirslanden Clinic St. Anna Lucerne:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.