Hirslanden Clinic St. Anna Lucerne
Department of Cardiology (26385)
Tushar Thomas Chatterjee
Specialized in: cardiology
About the Department of Cardiology at Hirslanden Clinic St. Anna Lucerne
The Department of Cardiology at the Hirslanden Clinic St. Anna Lucerne offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients with cardiovascular diseases. The priority areas include electrophysiological diagnostics, diagnostics and treatment of heart failure, as well as invasive cardiac procedures. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Tushar Thomas Chatterjee.
The department operates an ultramodern Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, which serves for the accurate diagnostics of the state of the cardiovascular system and provision of medical care, including interventional procedures. The doctors provide medical services in both inpatient and outpatient settings. The health of patients is in the safe hands of competent cardiologists, who have many years of successful experience.
The department’s key areas of specialization include the following diagnostic and therapeutic options:
- Exercise electrocardiography
- Bicycle ergometry
- Treadmill test
- 24-hour Holter monitoring
- Transthoracic echocardiography
- 3D transthoracic echocardiography
- 3D transesophageal echocardiography
- Fractional flow reserve
- Electrophysiological studies of the heart
- Imaging diagnostic tests
- Computed tomography
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Drug treatment
- Coronary artery stenting
- Drug and interventional therapy for rhythm disturbances, including the implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators
- Closure of patent foramen ovale and atrial septal defect
- Percutaneous aortic valve replacement
- Renal sympathetic denervation
- Percutaneous closure of atrial appendage defect
- Outpatient cardiac rehabilitation
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Tushar Thomas Chatterjee
- Interventional cardiology (balloon dilatation, stenting, closure of patent foramen ovale and atrial septal defects, aortic stenting, percutaneous aortic valve replacement).
- Biventricular pacing.
- Pacemaker implantation.
- Defibrillator implantation.
- Renal sympathetic denervation.
- Percutaneous closure of atrial appendage defect.
- Since 2004 Chief Physician of the Department of Cardiology at the Hirslanden Clinic St. Anna Lucerne.
- 2003 - 2005 Department of Cardiology and Vascular Medicine, University Hospital Rostock.
- 2001 - 2003 Department of Cardiology, Cantonal Hospital Lucerne.
- 2000 - 2001 Fellow, Swiss Center for Cardiac Surgery Bern, University Hospital Bern.
- 1999 Department of Cardiology and Intensive Care, Spital Zimmerberg Wädenswil.
- 1997 - 1999 Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Bern.
- 1994 - 1996 Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Bern.
- 1992 - 1993 Institute of Radiological Diagnostics, University of Cologne.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- February 2005 Habilitation, Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Rostock.
- February 2005 Doctoral thesis, Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Bern.
- June 1992 State Exam in Medicine.
- September 1986 - June 1992 Study of Human Medicine at the University of Hamburg, Germany.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Society of Cardiology (SGK).
- Swiss Society of Internal Medicine (SGIM).
- German Society of Cardiology (DGK).
- European Society of Cardiology (ESC).
- Swiss Working Group on Acute Coronary Syndrome (Interventional Cardiology).
- Swiss Hypertension Society (SHG).
- Swiss Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (SGUM).
- Medical Association of the Canton of Lucerne.
- European CTO-Club.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Cardiology.
Hirslanden Clinic St. Anna Lucerne:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.