Hirslanden Salem-Spital Bern
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology (603732)
Specialized in: diagnostic and interventional radiology
About the department
The Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at the Hirslanden Salem-Spital Bern provides the full range of medical services in the area of its specialization. The department's doctors offer their patients all modern imaging examinations, as well as imaging-guided therapeutic interventional procedures. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Lars Diedrichsen.
The department maintains high quality of medical care, but the important role is given to a humane attitude towards patients. The state-of-art medical equipment ensures the reduction of radiation dose during diagnostic tests, strict compliance of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures with radiation protection standards, as well as maximum comfort for the patient.
All results of imaging examinations are stored in a special picture archiving and communication system (PACS), so the specialists from other departments of the clinic have access to a database of diagnostic results.
The department's clinical focuses include:
- Diagnostic radiology
- Classical radiography of the bones and internal organs
- Ultrasound scanning of the neck (including the thyroid gland), breast, organs of the abdominal cavity and small pelvis (less commonly, examinations of the joints and other anatomical structures)
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- EOS diagnostic imaging system (primarily for preoperative and postoperative examinations in orthopedic and spinal surgeries)
- DEXA densitometry for the assessment of bone mineral density (for osteoporosis)
- Interventional radiology
- Imaging-guided biopsy
- Imaging-guided puncture
- Imaging-guided drainage
- Pain therapy for chronic back and joint pain (imaging-guided infiltration)
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic techniques
- January 2016 Work in the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at the Hirslanden Salem-Spital Bern.
- June 2013 - December 2015 Senior Physician, Department of Radiology, Sonnenhof Clinic.
- September 2010 - May 2013 Senior Physician, Department of Radiology, Clinic in Bern.
- October 2009 - August 2010 Deputy Senior Physician, Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic, Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Bern.
- January 2006 - September 2009 Assistant Physician, Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic, Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Bern.
- January 2005 - December 2005 Assistant Physician, Department of Internal Medicine, Herz-Jesu-Krankenhaus, Munster, Germany.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- August 2014 Board certification in Radiology, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- September 2009 Exam in Radiology for the title of Medical Specialist in this field.
- 1998 - 2004 Study of Human Medicine at the Ruhr University Bochum, Germany.
- 1991 - 1995 Medical and Technical Assistant (Radiology), Central Radiology Institute of the West Coast Clinic in Heide.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology.
Hirslanden Salem-Spital Bern:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.