Atrioventricular nodal Rreentrant tachycardia (AVNRT) diagnostics (program ID: 608688)
Hirslanden Salem-Spital Bern
Peter Christian BurgerSpecialized in: cardiology
Department of Cardiology
The program includes:
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- biochemical analysis of blood
- mineral metabolism analysis (Na, K, Ca, Mg)
- lipid metabolism (HDL/LDL, cholesterol,
triglycerides Lip(a), homocysteine)
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- blood gas analysis
- chest x-ray examination
- holter monitoring (24h)
- measurement of arterial blood pressure
- electrocardiogram (ECG)
- pulmonary function test
- doppler echocardiography
- high-resolution computed tomography (HR-CT)/MRI (on indication 950/1200€)
- CT angiography (on indication 1350€)
- nursing services
- consultation of related specialists
- treatment by chief physician and all leading experts
- explanation of individual treatment plan
(the cost of medicines is not included)
- Medical records
- ECG (if available)
You may also book:
About the department
The Department of Cardiology at the Hirslanden Salem-Spital Bern offers the full service range for the diagnostics and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. The highly motivated team of experienced professionals applies all the methods of effective evidence-based medicine for the restoration of heart health. The department is headed by Dr. med. Peter Christian Burger.
The main focus of the department's doctors is on the patient with his individual needs and wishes. The medical facility has progressive medical and technical base for the accurate diagnostics, and also provides the effective interventional treatment of cardiac pathologies.
It is worth noting that the peculiarity of the department is cardiogenetic consultations for patients. If necessary, the special genetic analysis is performed at the University of Geneva. It allows the doctors to assess the risks of cardiovascular diseases and carry out timely prevention of heart lesions, which in some cases can lead to death.
The diagnostic and therapeutic service range of the department includes:
- Stress and resting electrocardiography
- Echocardiography, including transthoracic echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography
- Stress echocardiography (also with a load on a bicycle ergometer, with a drug load of dobutamine)
- 24-hour ECG holter monitoring
- Long-term ECG monitoring (7 days)
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring
- Monitoring of the functioning of pacemakers and defibrillators (in most cases, using resting ECG)
- Cardiac CT
- Cardiac MRI
- Diagnostics using Reveal® ECG loop recorder
- Electrophysiological heart examinations, including 3D electrocardiography of the cardiac pathways
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy for heart rhythm disturbances
- Defibrillator implantation for heart rhythm disturbances
- Pacemaker implantation for heart rhythm disturbances
- Radiofrequency ablation for heart rhythm disturbances
- Atrial septal defect and patent foramen ovale closure
- Electrocardiography for the restoration of normal heart rhythm
- Balloon dilatation of coronary artery occlusions
- Cardiological rehabilitation (on an outpatient basis) – the duration of the program is from 6 to 12 weeks; training sessions are held 3 times a week for 1-2 hours
- Other medical services
- Non-invasive imaging, including cardiac MRI and tomography examinations of coronary vessels.
- Cardiologist at the Federal Aviation Administration (FOCA).
- 2002 - 2005 Work in the Department of Cardiology at the University Hospital Bern.
- 1999 - 2001 Research Fellow at the Harvard Medical School, Boston.
- 1997 - 1999 Work in the Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Zurich.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2007 Certificate of Competence in Sports Medicine.
- 2005 Board certification in Cardiology, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 2004 Board certification in Internal Medicine, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 1996 Doctorate in Medicine, University of Zurich.
- 1993 State Medical Examination, University of Zurich.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- Massachusetts Medical Society.
- Swiss Physiological Society.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Atrioventricular nodal Rreentrant tachycardia (AVNRT) diagnostics
- Hospital: Hirslanden Salem-Spital Bern
There are 98 atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia diagnostic hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics