Hospital Lindberg Winterthur
Department of Urology (258)
Specialized in: urology
The Department of Urology at the Multispecialty Hospital Lindberg under the lead of Dr. med. Mario Largo is committed to treatment of urinary tract diseases in men (and women), as well as male reproductive system. It specializes in treatment of such diseases as urinary stone disease, kidney tumors, urinary bladder, prostate and testicles, neurologically determined functional impairments of the urinary bladder, urinary tract infections, etc. Apart from it, urologists of the Department also treat abnormalities of the male reproductive system, for instance, infertility and erectile dysfunction.
In the field of operative treatment, the physicians of the Department prefer minimally invasive techniques. In particular, urinary bladder concrements are treated with the aid of the extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) or endoscopy.
The range of services of the Multispecialty Hospital Lindberg includes the following diagnosis and treatment options:
- Surgery in case of benign prostate enlargement (transurethral resection of prostate)
- Laser therapy with GreenLight in case of benign enlargement of prostate
- Thermotherapy of benign enlargement of prostate
- Surgical treatment of malignant tumors of prostate
- Non-invasive treatment of kidney stones (gravel) (extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy; breaking of kidney stones)
- Restoration of reproductive function
- Operative treatment of diseases of kidney and urinary tract
- Winterthur, Switzerland