Istanbul Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center Istanbul
Department of Hair Transplantation (609430)
Specialized in: hair transplantation
About the Department of Hair Transplantation at Istanbul Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center Istanbul
The Department of Hair Transplantation at the Istanbul Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center Istanbul uses all modern techniques to solve the problem of hair loss on the head, eyebrows and beard. The department's specialists perform hair transplantation both in the case of hair loss due to genetic or other causes, as well as restore hair after accidents and burns. The competence of the medical facility includes DHI and FUE hair transplantation techniques, including Sapphire FUE, the treatment of alopecia with platelet-rich plasma (PRP) at an early stage. The treatment method is selected on an individual basis, depending on the specific cause of hair loss. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Oya Şişman.
The department's key clinical focuses include:
- DHI hair transplantation. As of today, this method is an innovation in medicine. It is almost identical to the FUE technique. The difference is that the hair follicles are implanted using a special instrument similar to a ballpoint pen (Choi Implanter). The doctor places hair grafts in it and injects it into the scalp. The advantage of this method is that the doctor can significantly reduce the time for opening the hair canal, thereby reducing the risk of infection to almost zero. The technique is excellent not only for hair transplantation on the head, but also for hair restoration in the beard in men and eyebrows in women. The big advantage is that the procedure is painless – the patient has no pain due to anesthesia and sedation.
- FUE hair transplantation is a seamless, sparing method of hair transplantation with anesthesia. The method began to be applied in the early 2000s. The first step in the procedure is to extract the hair follicles. The extracted hair follicles are placed in a nutrient solution at a special temperature, after which they are transferred to the hair transplant area under local anesthesia. It is important that with this hair transplantation method, the patient has no scars in the hair donor area. The whole procedure lasts 6 hours, after which the patient can leave the clinic.
- Hair transplant using Sapphire FUE method. The FUE method is considered to be one of the most modern and widely used hair transplantation methods, providing natural results. With the introduction of special devices with sapphire blades into clinical practice, the technique has become even more reliable and in demand. The Sapphire FUE Method is a seamless punch (microsurgical instrument) hair transplantation technique with a sapphire tip. Thanks to the thin and durable tip, the doctors can easily extract the grafts (bundles of 1-4 hair follicles) and transplant them from the donor area to the target area. The operation takes 3-6 hours depending on the area of the alopecia. The main advantage of the method is the provision of the most aesthetic appearance of the implanted hair.
- Eyebrow hair transplantation. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia and lasts 1-2 hours. It is important for the doctor to achieve a natural appearance of the eyebrows, and therefore, the angle and direction of the grafts should be carefully selected, and the line of the eyebrows should be precisely delineated. The transplantation technique is similar to the hair transplantation on the head. The doctor extracts hair follicles, prepares the area for transplantation and performs the transplant itself. The patient does not experience any discomfort or pain upon the procedure completion.
- Bear hair transplantation. The DHI and FUE techniques are applied for this type of hair transplantation, as in the classic hair transplantation on the head. The essence of the procedure is similar to hair transplantation on the head. The extracted hair follicles are implanted in the beard area where hair is absent. The procedure is carried out under local anesthesia, which excludes any pain. The procedure leaves no scars.
- PRP therapy for hair loss treatment. This type of therapy involves the use of platelet-rich plasma, which is obtained from the patient's blood. PRP promotes hair growth, restores healthy color and shine. The method is used for the treatment of alopecia at the early stages or for the activation of hair growth after the transplantation.
- Other treatment methods
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Oya Şişman
Dr. med. Oya Şişman is one of the best specialists in hair transplantation in Turkey. She is currently the Head of the Department of Hair Transplantation at the Istanbul Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center Istanbul. She performs at least 4 hair transplantation procedures every day. She worked with the best specialists in her field of expertise, therefore she gained invaluable experience in hair transplantation using various methods. During her clinical practice, the doctor has performed more than 2,800 FUE hair transplantations. The doctor's professionalism is known not only in Turkey, but also far beyond its borders – she successfully performed hair transplantations for several Arab members of the royal family.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Istanbul Aesthetic Center
Department of Hair Transplantation.
Istanbul Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.