Artificial insemination (AI) (program ID: 614210)
Jinepol Womens Health and IVF Clinic Istanbul
Selim SenozSpecialized in: reproductive medicine
Department of Reproductive Medicine
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- general clinical examination
- laboratory examinations:
- complete blood count
- blood biochemistry
- immune analysis
- hormonal tests:
- thyroid hormones (T3, T4, TSH)
- gynecological examination
- taking a smear
- hormonal stimulation
- artificial insemination (AI)
- nursing services
- elaboration of further recommendations
How program is carried out
During the first visit, the physician will conduct a clinical examination and go through the results of previous laboratory tests and instrumental examinations. After that, you will undergo an additional examination, including complete blood count, laboratory assessment of liver and kidney function, hormonal tests. Based on the results of the examinations, the physician will make sure that there are no contraindications to hormonal stimulation and subsequent intrauterine (artificial) insemination with donor sperm.
Intrauterine (artificial) insemination with donor sperm is carried out as the day hospital procedure, without mandatory admission to the hospital. Cryopreserved sperm is used for it. Donor sperm undergoes obligatory quality control and infection control.
After hormonal stimulation of ovulation, you will have an ultrasound scan with folliculometry. With its help the physician will make sure that you have a fully-grown egg that is eligible for fertilization. Donor sperm is introduced into the uterine cavity through a thin catheter. The procedure is painless, but the physician can use a local anesthetic, if needed.
After the insemination, you will need to remain in the supine position for about 30-40 minutes.
After the completion of intrauterine (artificial) insemination with donor sperm, you will receive the medical report with detailed recommendations regarding further follow-up. You can leave the hospital on the day of your procedure. In the future, you can contact the physician for accompanying the pregnancy.
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Reproductive Medicine at the Jinepol Women's Health & IVF Clinic Istanbul offers the full range of assisted reproductive technologies for the treatment of infertility in women and men. The medical facility is mostly visited by the couples with tubal factor infertility, endometriosis and male infertility. In most cases, an IVF procedure is the optimal solution to the problem of conceiving a pregnancy. The department has more than 20 years of successful experience in the field of reproductive medicine, and also has all the modern resources for comprehensive diagnostics and high-quality treatment in accordance with international medical standards. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Selim Senoz.
The prescription of certain therapeutic measures is preceded by comprehensive diagnostics to detect the causes of infertility in a particular couple. The results of the diagnostic tests allow the doctors to carry out the most effective treatment and guarantee the couple a long-awaited pregnancy. The diagnostics of infertility is made if a couple has an active sex life for a year without using contraception, but pregnancy does not occur. The indications for this treatment method are fallopian tube obstruction, low sperm count or poor quality of the sperm, lack of sperm in the ejaculate, immunological problems and infertility of unknown origin.
As of today, in vitro fertilization (IVF) is the gold standard for the treatment of infertility and ensures excellent results. The principle of IVF procedure is in the fusion of a sperm with an egg in the laboratory, outside the woman's body. The success of the procedure largely depends on compliance with the protocol – preparation and the IVF procedure itself. The doctors carry out examinations in advance, select medications and adhere to necessary measures for preservation of the viability of the embryo. Thanks to powerful technical resources and progressive laboratories, the department's doctors also offer preimplantation genetic diagnosis, which makes it possible to exclude genetic diseases in the embryo before it is transferred into the uterine cavity. In addition, the department carries out PCR and FISH tests to determine the sex of the child. These tests do not affect the genetics of the embryo, but are used exclusively for determination of the sex of the future child.
The Department of Reproductive Medicine at the Jinepol Women's Health & IVF Clinic Istanbul received an annual award based on patient service excellence ratings from healthcare search engine WhatClinic. WhatClinic looked at 12 months of data from users of its site, in relation to the Jinepol Women's Health & IVF Clinic Istanbul, including patient review scores, feedback data and clinic contact rates. In 2016 over 17 million people visited the comparison site to find and compare clinics. The Jinepol Women's Health & IVF Clinic Istanbul was only one of a small number of clinics on the site that met the exacting standards needed to qualify for the award. Not only must the clinic have a consistently high ServiceScore™ rating to qualify, the rating measures the clinic’s commitment to patient service over a whole year, and so represents long-term commitment dealing with patients. Less than 2% of clinics on the site qualified for the award this year. The clinic is happy that its outstanding service is recognized yet again this year by WhatClinic! It is grateful to the folks at WhatClinic for awarding this award for two years back to back.
The department's range of therapeutic services includes:
- In vitro fertilization (IVF), which consists of the following stages
- Normalization of hormonal levels
- Ovarian stimulation
- Oocyte retrieval
- Oocyte fertilization "in vitro"
- Embryo culture
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis
- Embryo transfer into the uterine cavity
- Pregnancy test
- Intrauterine insemination
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Testicular sperm aspiration (TESA)
- Testicular sperm extraction (TESE)
- Microsurgical testicular sperm extraction (microTESE)
- Percutaneous epididymal sperm aspiration (PESA)
- Microsurgical epididymal sperm aspiration (MESA)
- Oocyte cryopreservation
- Sperm cryopreservation
- Embryo cryopreservation
- Testicular tissue cryopreservation
- Ovarian tissue cryopreservation
- Oocyte, embryo and ovarian tissue vitrification
- Other therapeutic options
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 1993 - 1995 Clinical Research Fellow in Reproductive Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- 1984 - 1988 Work in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maternity Hospital in Ankara, Turkey.
- 1976 - 1982 Study of Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey.
- 1976 - 1973 Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences, Ankara, Turkey.
Awards and Scholarships
- 1987 Norwegian Government Scholarship, Haukeland Hospital, Bergen, Norway.
- 1976 University Admission Examination Award.
- 1973 - 1982 Turkish Research Institute Scholarship, paid every year.
- Since January 1999 Foundation and Head of the Jinepol Women's Health & IVF Clinic Istanbul.
- September 1997 - January 1999 Work at the Private Istanbul Surgery Hospital.
- 1995 - 1997 Work in the Department of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Dr. Zekai Tahir Burak Women's Hospital.
- 1993 - 1994 Clinical Research Fellow, Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (research and clinical activities in ovarian hyperstimulation, treatment of osteoporosis and estrogen replacement therapy, the effect of hormone replacement therapy on cardiovascular diseases in women during postmenopause, and the development of a computer program for the use in assisted reproductive technology laboratories to manage data and statistics).
- 1989 - 1993 Position of Gynecologist and Chief Officer of the IVF Unit, Maternity Hospital in Ankara, Turkey.
- 1990 Spent a year in Canada – preparing and passing the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination in the Medical Sciences (FMGEMS), the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE), the International English Language Examination for Foreign Nationals, and the study of vaginal delivery after С-section at the General Hospital in Ottawa.
- 1989 Position of Gynecologist, Ilgaz State Hospital.
- 1984 - 1988 Residency in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Maternity Hospital in Ankara, Turkey.
- 1982 - 1984 Postdoctoral Internship as General Practitioner, Tunceli, Turkey.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Jinepol Women's Health & IVF Clinic
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Artificial insemination (AI)
- Hospital: Jinepol Womens Health and IVF Clinic Istanbul
- access_time Duration:
There are 29 artificial insemination treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics