Academic Teaching Hospital Luisenhospital of the Aachen University
Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Mammology (26)
Specialized in: gynecology, obstetrics, mammology
About the department
The Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Mammology at the Academic Teaching Hospital Luisenhospital of the Aachen University in Aachen offers a wide range of services in surgical gynecology ranging from the diagnosis up to the treatment of all benign and malignant diseases. The department has an extensive expertise and a long experience in the field of gynecological endoscopy with a special focus on the treatment of endometriosis of any severity. The department is headed by Dr. med. Dirk Crommelinck.
Breast diseases are treated within the certified Breast Center at the Academic Teaching Hospital Luisenhospital of the Aachen University. The medical team comprised of gynecologists, oncologists, qualified nursing staff and plastic surgeons is always ready to help patients in all treatment issues. Through close cooperation of the departments at the hospital, each patient can receive both comprehensive and tailored treatment.
The department also focuses on hysteroscopic procedures. This treatment can be performed through a natural access. Hysteroscopy suggests a direct visual control and ensures more accurate diagnosis. At the same time, the specialists can perform surgical interventions. As a result, patients can often avoid removal of the whole uterus (total hysterectomy). The technique is sparing and it is usually outpatient.
Particular attention is paid to laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy (LASH). A sparing LASH procedure allows for uterus to be removed during abdominoscopy. The cervix remains intact. This minimally invasive method has the least number of complications and significantly reduces the duration of inpatient stay.
The team of doctors of the department applies methods in accordance with the latest scientific advances, which are the most sparing and proven. In particular, with an annual number of about 90 procedures, the doctors of the department lead the region in the use of NovaSure method for treating bleedings.
The service range of the department includes:
- Breast diseases (Breast Center)
- Diagnosis and counseling
- Diagnosis of nodes in the breast with a needle biopsy
- Breast preserving, ablative and reconstructive surgeries for breast cancer
- Removal of the sentinel lymph node
- Coordination of the treatment process
- Additional explanation of treatment plans before / during / after inpatient stay
- Abdominal cavity
- Clarification of unclear complaints in the lower abdomen
- Sterilization for definitive pregnancy prevention (IGEL)
- Sterilization surgery in case of an unrealized desire to have children
- Operations on the ovary / fallopian tubes (cysts, benign tumors, usually with organ preservation)
- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy (usually with organ preservation)
- Surgery due to adhesions after experienced surgery or inflammation in the abdomen
- Surgery for endometriosis (pain in the lower abdomen, menstrual pain, childlessness)
- Removal of uterine fibroids
- Removal of uterus (hysterectomy) – partial removal with preservation of the cervix (LASH)
- Complete removal of the uterus (TLH or LAVH)
- Removal of tumors, cysts, acute condylomas, abscesses
- Reconstruction after trauma / scarring / removal of external genital organs / cutting (FGM) / removal of tumors
- Cosmetic surgery for congenital / acquired abnormalities of the labia minora, hymen
- All malignant diseases of the breast, cervix, uterine lining, fallopian tubes and ovaries, labia and vagina
- Various surgical techniques and procedures
- and other diseases
Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Mammology.
Academic Teaching Hospital Luisenhospital of the Aachen University:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home