Academic Teaching Hospital Luisenhospital of the Aachen University
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive, Aesthetic and Hand Surgery (27)
Dan m. O Dey
Specialized in: plastic surgery, reconstructive surgery, aesthetic surgery, hand surgery
About the department
The Department of Plastic, Reconstructive, Aesthetic Surgery and Hand Surgery at the Academic Teaching Hospital Luisenhospital of the Aachen University in Aachen offers the full range of modern plastic surgery with all complex focuses and corresponding qualifications.
The department is headed by PD Dr. med. Dan mon O'Dey. He is a German specialist in plastic and aesthetic surgery, a European specialist in plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery (FEBOPRAS) and an associate professor and a member of the Faculty of the Rhine-Westphalian Technical University (RWTH). As a national member of the German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (DGPRÄC), a foreign member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS) and a member of the European Council of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, PD Dr. Dan O'Day is an example of sympathetic attitude, professional competence and modern high quality medicine.
The department performs both inpatient and outpatient interventions. Each surgical procedure is preceded by comprehensive counseling. The state-of-the-art equipment promotes provision of the full range of plastic and aesthetic, as well as reconstructive surgery, including foot and hand surgery. In some medical fields the department maintains active cooperation with other departments of the Luisenhospital and thus ensures both comprehensive and safe medical care.
Plastic surgery deals with the changes in the body caused by aging, diseases, trauma and tumor growth. Its primary objective is to restore and/or improve both form and function. In addition to rejuvenating procedures, such as facelift or nose correction, the Luisenhospital performs tissue replacement after accidents, burns or cancer surgery, transplantation of the entire tissue structures and even replantation of the limbs.
Since PD Dr. O'Dey has a special expertise in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery, he has developed new surgical techniques and thereby created a new specialization in the field of surgery on the female genital organs and breast, which he successfully practices at the Academic Teaching Hospital Luisenhospital of the Aachen University along with the entire spectrum of plastic and aesthetic surgery.
The service range of the department covers:
- Aesthetic surgery
- Lift procedures
- Form correction
- Laser therapy
- Reconstructive surgery
- Correction of forms and functions
- Transplantation of patient’s own tissues (skin flap surgery)
- Different methods of tissue transplantation
- Reconstructive surgery of the female genitals
- Breast surgery / reconstruction (in cooperation with the Breast Center Aachen)
- Vulvovaginal reconstructions (in case of FGM, tumors, skin diseases (e.g. lichen), malformations (e.g. synechia)
- Hand surgery
- Acute diseases and injuries (bone fractures, cuts, infections, mallet finger, skier's thumb, epicondylitis (tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow)
- Chronic diseases (carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren's contracture, arthrosis, rheumatic diseases, trigger fingers)
- Tumors (ganglia, bone cancer, basal cell carcinoma, melanomas)
- Malformations (e.g. polydactyly)
- and other diseases
- 2014 Foundation and management of the Restorative Surgery Center for Female Genital Organs at the Luisenhospital, Aachen.
- 2014 Appointment as the Chief Physician of the Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery since 01/01/2015 at the Luisenhospital, Aachen. Accepted (01/2014).
- 2013 Appointment as the Chief Physician in the Department of Plastic Surgery at the Martin Luther Hospital, Berlin. Rejected (12/2013).
- 2012 - 2014 Chief Physician and Deputy Director of the Hospital.
- 2012 Member of ISAPS (International Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery).
- 2011 Permission to teach Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery at the Medical Faculty of the University Hospital Aachen as PD. Postgraduate thesis: "The study of the special vascular architecture of the female genital organs and the development of new surgical techniques in the treatment of female genital organs and mammoplasty."
- 2009 Additional specialization "Hand Surgery".
- 2006 - 2012 Chief Physician.
- 2006 Specialist in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery.
- 2006 Specialist in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery FEBOPRAS (member of the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons).
- 2006 Member of DGPRÄC (German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons).
- 2001 - 2006 Chief Physician’s Assistant.
- 2000 - 2001 Medical internship.
- 2000 - 2014 Department of Plastic Surgery, Hand Surgery and Burns, University Hospital Aachen (Prof. Dr. N. Pallua).
- 2000 PhD at the RWTH Aachen University in the field of angiologic studies with the degree of Doctor of Medicine (Prof., Dr. Paar, Prof,, Dr. Prescher).
- 1993 - 2000 Study at the Medical Faculty at the University Hospital Aachen.
- 1984 - 1992 visit to the Augustinian College Gaesdonck, episcopal gymnasium with boarding school in Goch (1992 graduation).
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive, Aesthetic and Hand Surgery.
Academic Teaching Hospital Luisenhospital of the Aachen University:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home