Marienhaus Hospital St. Elisabeth Neuwied
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics (289990)
Specialized in: gynecology, obstetrics
The Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied regularly performs all standard operations of its specialization field. The director of the Department is Prof. Dr. med. Richard Berger. The Department has a unique experience in endoscopic surgery, the so-called keyhole surgery. Due to the high technical standards, there are used all diagnostic and therapeutic methods. These even include resection of fibroids, endometrial ablation and a total hysterectomy.
In the field of gynecological oncology the Department at the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied is focused on medical care of patients with malignant diseases of the genital organs. The comprehensive treatment usually requires a concerted cooperation with various disciplines. The Gynecologic Cancer Center at the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied is staffed with a team of gynecologists, surgeons, oncologists in the field of internal medicine, specialists in radiation therapy, radiologists, specialist in nuclear medicine and pathologists.
The Perinatal Center of maximum medical care (Level I / DEGUM Level II) functions within the Department. With about 1,200 deliveries a year, the Center is the largest one in the north of Rhineland-Palatinate. The tight cooperation with the pediatricians of the Section for Newborns is essential for providing medical care during high-risk and multiple pregnancies. There are annually born 50 babies with the weight up to 1,500 g.
Since early 2010, the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied has been engaged into the active collaboration with the Clinic for Prenatal Medicine and Clinical Genetics in Meckenheim-Bonn-Neuwied. The physicians of this clinic regularly provide outpatient counseling in the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied. At the same time, they use the most advanced methods for prenatal diagnosis, ultrasound examinations (Doppler ultrasound of vessels in mother and child) and heart examination of the unborn baby. In most cases, this examination allows to plan an optimal treatment for sick babies after their birth.
The main treatment focuses of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Richard Berger are:
- General gynecology
- Endometrial ablation
- Resection of polyps / fibroids
- Removal of the uterine septum etc.
- Surgery of appendages
- Extensive adhesiolysis
- Resection of endometrial foci
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy
- Gynecologic oncology
- Counseling in various gynecological fields
- Modern radiological diagnosis: high-resolution ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), including CT-guided biopsy, magnetic resonance imaging, scintigraphy
- Oncological gynecology: surgery involving minimally invasive surgical techniques with the extensive uterus resection and removal of lymph nodes along the pelvic vessels and abdominal aorta
- Multivisceral surgery for extensive disorders of the abdominal cavity with multiple organ removals and reconstruction, plastic reconstructive surgery on the vulva and vagina, removal of the sentinel lymph node
- Radiation therapy: the latest technology and a variety of methods with individual 3D planning
- Systemic therapy for cancer: outpatient chemotherapy, hormone and antibody therapy
- Prenatal medicine
- Neuwied, Germany