Marienhaus Hospital St. Elisabeth Neuwied
Department of Internal Medicine (Cardiology / Rhythmology) (289992)
Specialized in: cardiology, rhythmology
About the department
The Department of Invasive Cardiology / Rhythmology at the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied deals with the treatment all diseases of the cardiovascular system. The director of the Department is Dr. med. Burkhard Hügl. Cardiology covers the full range of diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of heart diseases. The Department includes not only the Emergency Station and the Chest Pain Unit with beds for 24/7 monitoring, but also the Interdisciplinary Intensive Care Unit. Certainly, the Department under the direction of Dr. med. Burkhard Hügl offers the treatment by MitraClip.
The Department is especially focused on the treatment of acute and chronic coronary heart diseases. They develop as a result of deposits on the walls of coronary vessels. These deposits have a negative impact on blood circulation and oxygen supply to the heart. The Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory at the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied opens blocked areas and, if necessary, places a stent for their support. Consequently, both blood circulation and oxygen supply to the heart are improved. The use of new methods enables the determination of an accurate area of pressure and thus the blocked area in the vessel. Therefore, stenting can be avoided.
Furthermore, the Department under the direction of Dr. med. Burkhard Hügl treats patients with severe heart failure. In addition to medication, some patients can have some special pacemaker systems in order to improve a pumping function of the heart. This contributes to the stabilization of heart functioning and significantly improves the patient’s quality of life.
Invasive cardiology in the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied is focused on the treatment of cardiac arrhythmia. In some cases drug therapy is inefficient and there is no point in its use, then cardiac arrhythmia is eliminated by means of cardiac ablation that is provided in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. Thus, there is ensured heart functioning stabilization and the patient has no complaints.
The range of services of the Department of Internal Medicine (Cardiology / Rhythmology) at the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied includes:
- Transthoracic echocardiography, including 3D echocardiography
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Doppler and duplex sonography of supra-aortic and peripheral vessels
- Implantation and follow-up for single- and dual chamber pacemakers (implantation and monitoring)
- ECG with a load
- Long-term ECG monitoring
- Total body plethysmography
- Catheterization of the right and left heart, including surgery of the coronary heart vessels
- Laser angioplasty
- ASD /PFO closure
- Electrophysiological examination and ablation for cardiac arrhythmia
- 1986 – 1993 medical education at the University of Bonn
- 1993 – 1994 internship in the field of internal medicine
- 1995 thesis defense at the University of Bonn (Prof. Manz / PD Dr. Jung)
- 1995 assistant physician in cardiology, pulmonology, University Hospital Bonn
- 1995/1996 assistant physician in the Department of Internal Intensive Medicine, St. Augustine Clinic
- 1995 – 1997 assistant physician of the Department of Internal Medicine of the Medical Clinic B, Heart Center Ludwigshafen, working group, specializing in arrhythmia, Dr. Seidl
- 1997 – 2001 assistant physician in the Cardiology Center at the Leipzig University, cardiology
- 2001 – 2008 head of the Central Clinic Bad Berka, cardiology (since 2004: Department of Rhythmology)
- Since 01.04.2008 chief physician of the Department of Cardiology / Rhythmology at the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied
Department of Internal Medicine (Cardiology / Rhythmology).
Marienhaus Hospital St. Elisabeth Neuwied:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home