Marienhaus Hospital St. Elisabeth Neuwied
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine (289994)
Specialized in: pediatrics
The Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied treats children and adolescents from the smallest newborns up to the age of 18. The director of the Department is Dr. med. Urban Himbert, chief physician of pediatric and adolescent medicine. The Department is focused on specific needs of young patients. The physicians and nursing staff work in the multidisciplinary environment with child psychologists, specialists in child care and a teacher of the specialized section. An opportunity to accommodate a child with one of his parents also contributes to an optimal and family-oriented atmosphere.
The tight cooperation with surgical disciplines of the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied (general surgery, trauma surgery, maxillofacial surgery, orthopedics) ensures urgent medical care, when surgery is needed.
The Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied has an efficient laboratory, ultrasound, ECG, EEG, the Laboratory for Functional Diagnosis of Lung Diseases and other advanced methods for diagnosis. Through close cooperation with the Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, CT and MRI can be made at any time.
The Intensive Care Unit (for premature) babies with 20 beds has 12 beds for intensive care of premature and newborn babies, 4 beds for monitoring and 4 beds for older children and adolescents. The Department under the direction of Dr. med. Urban Himbert uses all methods of modern intensive care. Medical care for premature and newborn babies is provided in tight collaboration with the regional maternity hospitals.
The range of medical services of the Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied includes:
- Diagnosis and treatment of children and adolescents with suspected epilepsy, arrested development, headache, disabilities
- Diagnosis of growth disorders (delayed growth, abnormally rapid growth) and growth hormone therapy
- Diagnosis, treatment, continuing care for children and adolescents with diabetes
- Lung plethysmography with metacholine provocation in babies and small children with the height up to 100 cm
- Lung plethysmography with a load or metacholine provocation in school-age children and adolescents
- Video ECG monitoring
- Development testing
- Flexible bronchoscopy
- Heart echocardiography
- Counseling on human genetics in cooperation with the University Hospital Bonn
- Intellectual ability testing
- Long-term ECG monitoring
- Consultations on neurosurgery
- Neurophysiological tests (nerve conductivity velocity AEP, evoked potentials SEP, VEP, NLG)
- Open spirometry
- pH measurement
- Spirometry at rest
- Specific, subcutaneous desensitization with an allergen extract
- Ultrasonic diagnosis
- Hydrogen breath test
- Neuwied, Germany