Marienhaus Hospital St. Elisabeth Neuwied
Department of Traumatology (289995)
Specialized in: traumatology
The Department of Traumatology at the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied– Waldbreitbach was founded in 1978 in Neuwied city and since then its range of services has been constantly expanding. The Department under the direction of Dr. med. Georg Weimer is the only medical institution of this kind within a large area on the right bank of the Rhine and, consequently, receives patients from various regions. The Department has the state-of-the-art operating rooms. The diagnostic opportunities of the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied, in particular, imaging methods, such as X-ray, ultrasound, CT, MRI correspond to the latest level.
The Department of Traumatology at the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied meets all requirements for medical care of patients with severe injuries. There is usually provided a comprehensive treatment, that is why the physicians, nursing staff, departments, sections and institutes of the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied work hand in hand to ensure the urgent and comprehensive medical care to patients with severe injuries.
Apart from traumatology, considering active and passive systems, the Department of Traumatology at the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied under the direction of Dr. med. Georg Weimer also performs numerous planned operations in the field of reconstructive surgery, orthopedics, as well as hand and plastic surgery.
The range of medical services of the Department of Traumatology at the Marienhaus Klinikum St. Elisabeth Neuwied includes:
- Trauma surgery
- Hand surgery: any hand injuries, including injuries requiring amputation, trigger fingers, carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren’s contracture, wrist arthroscopy, mobilization of joints of the hands or fingers, artificial finger joints
- Knee surgery: knee arthroscopy, treatment of cartilage defects, treatment of meniscal defects, cruciate ligament plastic repair, treatment of knee infections, correction of deformities / malposition
- Plastic surgery: concealing of defects by means of skin, skin-muscle flaps, treatment of burn injuries, removal of scars, breast augmentation / reduction / lift, abdominal wall / thigh / upper thigh lift, treatment of sutures and skin tumors
- Foot surgery: treatment of foot / toe deformities (Hallux valgus, hammer toes, hooked fingers etc.), arthroscopy of the upper part of the ankle joint, artificial ankle joint
- Shoulder surgery: arthroscopic and open reconstruction of the rotator cuff, artificial shoulder joint
- Neuwied, Germany