Marienhaus Hospital St. Elisabeth Neuwied
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology (289996)
Carsten Maik Naumann
Specialized in: adult and pediatric urology
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at Marienhaus Hospital St. Elisabeth Neuwied
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the Marienhaus Hospital St. Elisabeth Neuwied offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract, as well as diseases of the reproductive organs in men. The therapeutic options include modern conservative, video endoscopic, minimally invasive and open surgical interventions. The specialists cooperate closely with the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, as well as with the Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care. The department's tasks also includes the treatment of young patients with urologic pathologies. If necessary, the doctors of the Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine are involved in the therapeutic process. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Carsten Maik Naumann.
Of particular interest to the department's specialists is the surgical treatment of tumors of the kidneys, bladder, prostate gland and external reproductive organs in men. The doctors also have successful experience in the treatment of kidney stone disease, particularly, using video-assisted endoscopic techniques. Video-assisted endoscopic techniques are also widely used for the treatment of initial stages of bladder cancer, which allows the patient to avoid the removal of this organ. In addition, the department has excellent results in the treatment of urinary incontinence in women, men and children.
The department's urologists often have to deal with the diagnostics and treatment of prostate cancer. The therapeutic tactics depend on individual clinical indications, tumor size, stage of the process, as well as on the age of the patient. Benign prostatic hyperplasia is an equally common disease, which, in most cases, can be treated using video-assisted endoscopic procedures.
Numerous surgical interventions, especially in children, can be performed on an outpatient basis. The range of outpatient services include a prostate biopsy for further histological examination in the case of suspected cancer, surgical treatment of urethral stenosis, surgical correction of phimosis, cryptorchidism, etc.
The diagnostic and therapeutic options of the department include:
- Surgical treatment of urologic cancers
- Resection of kidney tumors (radical nephrectomy and organ-sparing surgery)
- Radical resection of the bladder with the creation of a new path for urine diversion
- Radical resection of the prostate with removal of regional lymph nodes in case of prostate cancer
- Resection of the testicles with removal of regional lymph nodes
- Resection of adrenal glands
- Surgical treatment of penile cancer, including lymph node removal
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Lymph node resection
- Surgery to remove kidney cysts
- Surgical treatment of varicocele
- Endourological surgery
- Urinary tract dilatation in case of its strictures
- Transurethral resection of the prostate in case of benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumors
- Bladder stone fragmentation
- Minimally invasive dilation in case of ureteral stenosis, including the implantation of ureteral stents
- Ureteroscopy in patients with kidney stone disease
- Minimally invasive fragmentation of kidney stones (percutaneous access)
- Puncture and obliteration of renal cysts
- Kidney biopsy
- Diagnostics and treatment of urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse (in collaboration with the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics)
- Special ultrasound diagnostics (if necessary, radiography)
- Urodynamic tests with bladder pressure measurement
- Drug and surgical treatment, including minimally invasive procedures (TVT sling operations)
- Urologic oncology
- Adjuvant, neoadjuvant and palliative chemotherapy in advanced stages of cancer
- Pediatric urology
- Inguinal hernias
- Genital malformations in boys
- Ectopic ureter
- Ureteral stricture
- Comprehensive diagnostics and treatment of nocturnal urinary incontinence (enuresis)
- Ultrasound and X-ray diagnostics
- Ultrasound of the genitourinary system and abdominal cavity
- Ultrasound-guided punch biopsy of the prostate gland and kidneys
- Doppler scanning in case of suspected erectile dysfunction, kidney diseases, varicocele, and testicular torsion
- Sonography during open surgery, such as kidney surgery
- Radiography of the kidneys, ureters and urethra, as well as special imaging of the bladder in case of suspected urinary incontinence and vesicoureteral reflux
- Other medical services
Photo of the doctor: (c) Marienhaus Kliniken GmbH
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology.
Marienhaus Hospital St. Elisabeth Neuwied:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.