Marienhaus Hospital St. Elisabeth Neuwied
Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic, Interventional Radiology (603226)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric diagnostic, interventional radiology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic, Interventional Radiology at the Marienhaus Hospital St. Elisabeth Neuwied offers the full range of medical services in these fields. The department cooperates closely with all departments of the hospital, providing modern radiological examinations for all patients. The department has state-of-the-art medical equipment, which serves for the diagnostics and for imaging-guided therapeutic procedures. The department strictly adheres to all radiation protection standards. The department is headed by PD Dr. med. Götz Lutterbey.
In addition to classical radiological, ultrasound scans and fluoroscopy, the department also carries out high-resolution computed and magnetic resonance imaging, digital subtraction angiography, etc. It is noteworthy that the department is the only medical facility in the region, which has an open device for the whole-body MRI. The patient is not placed in a closed tunnel of the MRI system, as compared with the classic MRI scanning. This is especially important for patients with claustrophobia, as well as for children, since this procedure usually causes a severe emotional stress in young patients.
In the field of interventional radiology, the priority is given to the treatment of vascular diseases within the specialized Catheter Laboratory. The doctors mostly provide treatment for patients with vascular stenoses and occlusions. To restore vascular patency, they use both mechanical (thrombectomy) and drug (thrombolysis) techniques. The service range is complemented by the treatment of tumors using intra-arterial chemoembolization and CT-guided pain therapy.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostic radiology
- Classic radiography
- Computed tomography (CT), including examinations in children
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), including examinations in children
- Digital subtraction angiography
- CT-guided biopsy
- Interventional radiology
- Mechanical (thrombectomy) and drug (thrombolysis) treatments for thromboses
- Stent implantation for blood vessel stenoses
- Intra-arterial therapy for cancer patients
- High-frequency therapy and therapeutic hyperthermia
- CT-guided pain therapy (for example, in back pain)
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic services
Education and Professional Сareer
- 1985 - 1991 Study of Human Medicine at the Ruhr-University Bochum and at the University of Bonn, State Examinations in Germany and America (FMGEMS).
- 1992 Doctoral thesis defense.
- 1992 - 1993 Internship in the Department of Internal Medicine I, Municipal Hospital Neuwied.
- 1993 - 2000 Assistant Physician, Department of Radiology (focus on tomography, interventional procedures and neuroradiology), University Hospital Bonn.
- 1998 Specialization in Diagnostic Radiology.
- 2000 - 2003 Senior Physician in the Department of Radiology, Bundeswehr Central Hospital in Koblenz.
- 2001 Specialization in Neuroradiology.
- 2003 - 2005 Senior Physician, Department of Radiology (focus on tomography) at the University Hospital Bonn.
- 2005 - 2008 Senior Physician, Department of Radiology, Bundeswehr Central Hospital in Koblenz.
- June 2008 Habilitation at the University of Bonn.
- Since July 2008 Chief Physician of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic, Interventional Radiology at the Marienhaus Hospital St. Elisabeth Neuwied.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Radiological Society.
- Professional Association of German Radiologists.
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA).
- Society for Pediatric Radiology.
- Working Group on Vascular Diseases and Interventional Radiology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Marienhaus Kliniken GmbH
Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic, Interventional Radiology.
Marienhaus Hospital St. Elisabeth Neuwied:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.