Martha-Maria Hospital Munich
Department of Otolaryngology (286900)
Specialized in: otolaryngology
The Department of Otolaryngology at the Martha-Maria Hospital in Munich has been headed by Professor Dr. med. Markus Suckfüll since July 2010. Previously he was a senior physician and a deputy director of the Department of Otolaryngology at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University in Munich (Grosshadern). As an active academic, author of numerous publications, Professor Dr. med. Markus Suckfüll is a regular speaker at both national and international congresses.
The Department of Otolaryngology offers the most advanced endoscopic, microscopic and plastic reconstructive operations that are particularly sparing and painless for patients. These include partial tonsillectomy, endoscopic video-assisted surgery on paranasal sinuses, CO-2 laser resections of head and neck tumors and middle ear microsurgery to improve hearing.
The Department of Otolaryngology has a special focus in the treatment of hearing impaired and deaf patients by means of an artificial inner ear (cochlear implant).
The goal of the Department of Surgical Otolaryngology is to offer patients top-class surgical services.
A key to a speedy recovery lies in the best conditions, recognized specialists in the field of surgery and state-of-the-art equipment.
The department offers the full range of surgical treatment in the field of modern otolaryngology.
The spectrum includes the following operations:
- Correction of prominent ears (otopexia)
- Opening of the eardrum (paracentesis, laser paracentesis, tympanostomy tube)
- Microsurgery of the auditory meatus and middle ear:
- Removal of cartilaginous tissue ossification in the auditory meatus (exostosis removal)
- Surgery for chronic middle ear inflammation (type I-V tympanoplasty)
- Removal of suppurations of the middle ear bones (surgery to remove cholesteatoma)
- Replacement of the stapes (stapedoplasty in case of otosclerosis)
- Surgical hearing restoration
- Implantation of hearing aids
- Cochlear implant
- Turbinate reduction (turbinoplasty)
- Nasal septum surgery (septoplasty)
- Sinus surgery (septorhinoplasty)
- External rhinoplasty (functional endoscopic sinus surgery, FESS)
- Removal of the pharyngeal tonsils (adenotomy)
- Reduction of the palatine tonsils (radiofrequency tonsillectomy)
- Removal of the tonsils (tonsillectomy)
- Soft palate plication
- Salivary gland surgery (duct section, submandibular gland removal, parotidectomy)
- Removal of the cervical cysts
- ENT endoscopy (panedoscopy, tracheoscopy, esophagoscopy)
- Laser resection of head and throat tumors
- Removal of the cervical lymph nodes
- Laryngeal surgery to improve the voice
- Removal of larynx (incl. partial)
- Removal of skin tumors on the face
- Plastic reconstruction of defects
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)
Martha-Maria Hospital Munich
Department of Otolaryngology
- Munich, Germany