Martha-Maria Hospital Munich
Department of Internal Medicine / Pneumology (286901)
Specialized in: internal medicine, pulmonology
About the department
The Department of Internal Medicine / Pneumology at the Martha-Maria Hospital is included in the rating of the best departments of Germany for treatment of lung cancer according to the version of Focus magazine in 2017!
The objective of the Department of Internal Medicine / Pneumology (Phthisiopulmonology) at the Martha-Maria Hospital in Munich is to provide a high-class comprehensive treatment for patients with various diseases of the respiratory tract. This is possible due to a close cooperation with the Departments of Thoracic Surgery and Otolaryngology, as well as due to the use of the latest innovative treatments. The Department is headed by Dr. med. Andreas Fertl.
The department has the latest technology for functional diagnosis, including diagnostic surgical endoscopy with endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP). There is performed removal of gallstones, stent placement, endosonography with puncture, abdominal ultrasound, color duplex sonography, long-term ECG monitoring, blood pressure measurement. The Hospital also has a clinical laboratory.
An important treatment focus of the department is lung cancer, which is the most common cancer in men (in women it is the third most common cancer). The following treatment focuses of the department are chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which is usually diagnosed in smokers, and pulmonary emphysema.
Furthermore, the department covers the full range of pneumology. This includes the following:
- Chronic inflammatory lung diseases, e.g. asthma and COPD
- Infectious lung diseases, such as pneumonia, tuberculosis, nontuberculous mycobacteria
- Fibrosing lung tissue diseases, such as idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and lung lesions in case of various autoimmune diseases
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Breathing disorders during sleep and hypoventilation syndrome
- Lung cancer, e.g. small-cell and non-small-cell lung cancer as well as other endobronchial tumors
- Mediastinal tumors, such as thymoma
- Malignant diseases of the costal pleura, e.g. pleural mesothelioma
- Lung metastases from other tumors
The diagnostic and therapeutic spectrum includes among others:
- Cardiopulmonary functional diagnosis
- Interventional bronchoscopy
- Reduced lung volume in patients with COPD
- Bronchial thermoplasty
- Drainage of the pleural cavity
- Home lung ventilation
- Right heart catheterization
- 1989 - 1996 Study of medicine, Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1995 - 1998 Thesis on Pulmonology, University Hospital of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich. Doctor rerum naturalium.
- 1996 - 1997 Bogenhausen Hospital, Munich, Department of Gastroenterology / Hepatology.
- 1998 Central Hospital of Gauting, Department of Infectology.
- 1998 - 2000 Ebersberg Clinic, Department of Intensive Care Medicine.
- 2000 - 2012 Specialized hospital Asklepios. Munich-Gauting, Department of Pulmonology and Intensive Care Medicine.
- Since 2012, Chief Physician of the Department of Pulmonology, Martha-Maria Hospital.
- German Society for Pulmonology.
- German Medical Association.
Department of Internal Medicine / Pneumology.
Martha-Maria Hospital Munich:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home