Max Grundig Clinic Buehl
Department of Psychosomatics (397877)
Specialized in: psychosomatics
About the department
The Department of Psychosomatics at the Max Grundig Clinic offers the full range of services in this medical field. The main task of the department's specialists is the comprehensive treatment of all psychosomatic disorders, in the course of which physical, mental and social aspects are taken into account. The department is headed by Dr. Christian Dogs, who together with his highly professional team pursues a single goal – provision of the best treatment for all patients in the clinic.
The therapeutic method is selected for each patient individually, which guarantees the optimal result. The department is filled with a friendly, pleasant atmosphere, which contributes to the effective restoration of the patients’ mental health.
The department has a tremendous experience and many well-established treatment strategies, among which there are two main groups of therapeutic measures. The first one is based on human experiences (2/3 activity, 1/3 reflection). Its essence lies in the application of interesting, activating therapies that focus on movement, creativity and experiences. The techniques of this group are quite intense, enthralling, funny and require group activities, for example, sports, exercising, hiking, etc. In addition, treatment involves the methods for activating experiences, which, as experience shows, guarantee strong impressions. Another treatment strategy can be called contemplative (2/3 reflection, 1/3 activity). This approach implies immersion in a calm state, reflections during meditation, music therapy, art therapy, occupational therapy and contemplation of beautiful natural landscapes, by which the clinic is surrounded. These relaxing and stabilizing procedures are combined with mild forms of physical activation to support the patients’ cognitive activities.
The department offers treatment of the following psychosomatic disorders:
- Affective disorders (the whole spectrum of depressive disorders, for example, somatic depression, burnout), with the exception of psychotic depression and pronounced suicidal tendencies
- Anxiety disorders (for example, phobic disorders, panic disorders, generalized anxiety disorders and obsessive-compulsive disorders)
- Adjustment disorders (for example, after a stressful life event, loss of work)
- Somatic symptom disorders, somatoform autonomic dysfunction (for example, irritable bowel syndrome) and resistant somatoform pain disorder
- Eating disorders (for example, bulimia nervosa, anorexia and obesity)
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic disorders (for example, post-traumatic stress disorders, dissociative disorders)
- Psychosomatic disorders (for example, psycho-oncology, psychocardiology)
- Other services
- 1979 - 1985 Study of Medicine at the University of Saarland, Homburg.
- 1986 Doctor’s degree.
- Resident of the department at the Roseneck Clinic for Medical Psychosomatics in Prine am Chiemsee.
- Resident at the Psychiatric Public Clinic, closed Emergency Department.
- Assistant Physician at the Central Institute of Mental Health Mannheim, counseling at the the Municipal Clinic Mannheim.
- Assistant Physician of the Department of Neurology, the Heinrich Lanz Clinic in Mannheim.
- Senior Physician of the Psychosomatic Clinic in Rinteln.
- Chief Physician of the Wollmarshöhe Clinic (private clinic specializing in psychiatry, neurology and psychotherapy, located in Bodnegg near Ravensburg).
- Foundation of the specialized Clinic for Psychosomatic Medicine, Psychotherapy, Naturopathy and Traditional Chinese Medicine in Scheidegg (together with the owner and managing director Erwin Obenaus and his wife Gisela). Initially, he held the post of the Chief Physician, then until October 31, 2016 he acted as the Medical Director of the Clinic.
- Since mid-April 2017, appointed as the Head of the Department of Psychosomatics at the Max Grundig Clinic.
Department of Psychosomatics.
Max Grundig Clinic Buehl:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home