MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic am Burggraben Bad Salzuflen
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Pulmonology and Allergology (25862)
Specialized in: internal medicine, pulmonology, cardiology
About the department
The Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Pulmonology and Allergology at the MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic am Burggraben Bad Salzuflen specializes in the rehabilitation of patients who have experienced surgery and internal diseases. These are mainly lung diseases, cardiovascular diseases, endocrine disorders, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, bile ducts, pancreas and kidneys. The department is headed by Dr. med. Stefan Schüth.
Both doctors and therapists working in the department prefer an individual approach, and therefore rehabilitation goals are determined for each patient individually, with due consideration of their needs and wishes. These goals, on the one hand, are aimed at eliminating the effects of the background disease, and, on the other hand, the improvement of the patient's current condition is of paramount importance as well. The main goal of rehabilitation is to restore mobility, human performance, as well as to return person’s former independence.
The basis of rehabilitation is physical activity, which leads to the improvement in the patient's health and prolongs their life. Consequently, in order to increase physical endurance and mobility, one should do many exercises and not lead a sedentary lifestyle. To independently continue rehabilitation at home and apply all the knowledge obtained during the recovery, each patient needs to become a therapist for themselves.
The department offers a wide range of rehabilitation services for the patients who have experienced the following surgical interventions and diseases:
Pulmonology and allergology
- Bronchial asthma
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Pulmonary emphysema
- Inflammation of the lungs (pneumonia)
- Lung surgery (incl. surgery to remove tumors of the mediastinum, pleura and lungs)
- Surgery for pulmonary embolism and thrombosis
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)
- Allergic alveolitis and other interstitial lung diseases
- Occupational lung diseases
- Pneumoconiosis, collagenosis, bronchiectasis
Cardiology and angiology
- Ischemic heart disease (IHD) with and without myocardial infarction, balloon dilatation and stenting, angina pectoris
- Coronary artery bypass grafting, heart valve replacement, surgery to treat heart failure
- Pacemaker, ICD implantation
- Heart arrhythmias, e.g., atrial fibrillation
- Heart failure
- Inflammatory heart diseases, myocarditis, pericarditis
- Vascular surgery
- Peripheral artery occlusion
- Pulmonary hypertension
- All forms of diabetes, including complications and diabetic foot syndrome, accompanied by other conditions
- Disorders of lipid metabolism, hyperuricemia, gout
- Thyroid diseases (e.g., hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism)
- Adrenal gland disorders (Cushing's syndrome, Addison's disease, Conn's syndrome, pheochromocytoma)
- Gastrointestinal surgery, including short bowel syndrome, stoma
- Surgery to treat diverticulitis
- Stomach surgery
- Small bowel surgery (with the exception of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis)
- Diseases of the liver, bile duct and pancreas, surgery to treat these diseases
- Kidney failure
- Kidney surgery
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Pulmonology and Allergology.
MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic am Burggraben Bad Salzuflen:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.