MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic am Burggraben Bad Salzuflen
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (25862)
Specialized in: internal medicine, cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation
About the department
The Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation at the MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic am Burggraben Bad Salzuflen offers all the options of modern rehabilitation medicine to restore the health of patients with diseases of the lungs and other organs of the respiratory system, cardiovascular diseases, gastrointestinal diseases, kidney diseases, as well as diabetes mellitus and other endocrine disorders. In addition, the department's medical team has a perfect command of a variety of therapeutic methods for the rehabilitation of patients after cardiac surgery and gastrointestinal surgery. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Stefan Schüth.
Upon admission to the department, the doctors develop an individual rehabilitation program for the patient, which is aimed at overall body recovery, physical endurance and general health improvement, as well as restoration of self-care skills. During the treatment, special attention is paid to teaching the patients with chronic pathology or after a disease or surgery a healthy lifestyle. A separate focus is made on a healthy diet and regular dosed physical activity.
The patients' health is in the safe hands of a multidisciplinary team of highly qualified doctors with extensive clinical experience. It is important for the patients undergoing rehabilitation treatment to feel support, and therefore rehabilitation therapists strive to motivate their patients and help them overcome the difficulties, which may occur on their way to recovery. In addition, the department cooperates with external medical partners, namely with the surgical outpatient clinic, the emergency medical service of Bad Salzuflen and other rehabilitation clinics in the region. Thanks to such an approach, the patients benefit from comprehensive medical care.
The rehabilitation treatment of patients who have suffered cardiovascular, pulmonary, gastrointestinal and endocrine diseases is based on a regular training using an individually developed set of physical exercises. The rehabilitation therapists carefully select the type of exercise and its intensity, as they strive to provide the patient with the maximum effect of the rehabilitation. The decisive role is played by the regularity of exercising, which is personally supervised by the doctors. In addition, when undergoing rehabilitation, the patient can easily master the optimal therapeutic exercises, which he can do at home.
It should be noted that the department conducts a special interdisciplinary rehabilitation for patients who have suffered severe forms of coronavirus infection (COVID-19). The rehabilitation programs for such patients are aimed at improving physical endurance, training the respiratory muscles, eliminating shortness of breath and, if required, overcoming psychological problems due to the pathology. The rehabilitation is based on breathing exercises, which can be supplemented by relaxation techniques, group conversations of patients who have suffered an infectious disease to share their experience, as well as professional psychological care.
The department specializes in the rehabilitation of patients with such diseases and conditions after surgery on the heart, gastrointestinal tract and respiratory system as:
- Diseases of the lungs and other organs of the respiratory system
- Bronchial asthma
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Pulmonary emphysema
- Pathological conditions after pneumonia (lung inflammation)
- Pathological conditions after surgical resection of mediastinal, pleural and lung tumors
- Pathological conditions after pulmonary embolism
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Extrinsic allergic alveolitis and other interstitial lung diseases
- Occupational lung diseases
- Pneumoconiosis, collagenosis and bronchiectasis
- Heart diseases and vascular diseases
- Ischemic heart disease, including complicated one by angina pectoris or myocardial infarction
- Heart failure
- Pathological conditions after balloon dilatation and stent implantation
- Pathological conditions after coronary artery bypass grafting, heart valve surgery, surgery for heart defects
- Pathological conditions after the implantation of pacemakers, defibrillators (LifeVest), cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Pathological conditions after vascular surgery (aortic aneurysm, diseases of the carotid artery, leg arteries)
- Occlusive peripheral arterial disease
- Diabetes mellitus and other endocrine disorders
- All types of diabetes mellitus, including complications of diabetes mellitus and diabetic foot syndrome
- Lipid metabolism disorders, hyperuricemia, gout
- Thyroid diseases (hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism)
- Adrenal disease
- Cushing's disease (hypercortisolism)
- Addison's disease (chronic adrenal insufficiency)
- Conn's syndrome
- Gastrointestinal diseases, excluding Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Pathological conditions after gastrointestinal surgery, including short bowel syndrome and ostomy
- Pathological conditions caused by diverticulitis and surgery for diverticulitis
- Pathological conditions after stomach surgery
- Pathological conditions after surgical procedures on the small intestine
- Diseases of the liver, biliary tract and pancreas
- Pathological conditions after surgery on the liver, biliary tract and pancreas
- Kidney disease
- Kidney failure
- Pathological conditions after kidney surgery
- Other diseases and pathological conditions
Dr. med. Stefan Schüth is the Head of the Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation at the MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic am Burggraben Bad Salzuflen. The doctor studied medicine at the University of Cologne, after which he worked as Assistant Physician in Duesseldorf. In 1997 he defended his doctoral thesis in medicine. This was followed by training for board certification in Internal Medicine and Cardiology. In addition, the specialist has additional qualifications in Physiotherapy and Social Medicine. In 2003, Dr. Stefan Schüth held the position of Senior Physician in the Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation at the MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic am Burggraben Bad Salzuflen. In 2008, he became Senior Physician with management responsibilities in the same department and headed it in 2014.
Photo of the doctor: (c) MEDIAN Klinik am Burggraben Bad Salzuflen
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic am Burggraben Bad Salzuflen:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.