MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic Berlin Kladow
Department of Neurological Rehabilitation (25848)
Specialized in: neurology, neurological rehabilitation
The Department of Neurological Rehabilitation at the MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic Berlin Kladow has profound professional knowledge, competence and experience in the care and treatment of patients with neurological diseases and the consequences of severe injuries affecting the nervous system. The department is headed by PD. Dr. med. Christian Dohle.
The goal of neurological rehabilitation is to maximally restore the skills required in daily life. Therefore, in interdisciplinary cooperation, the specialists develop an individual treatment plan for each patient, which is constantly being adjusted during rehabilitation. The main therapeutic possibilities of the department include physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, neuropsychology, social service, etc.
In most cases, neurological disorders (e.g., memory impairment, loss of concentration or behavioral disorders) develop due to a stroke, traumatic-brain injuries or inflammation. To rehabilitate such patients, the department has excellent conditions for individual and group trainings aimed at the restoration of proper brain functioning, communication and social behavior.
The Department of Neurological Rehabilitation is especially focused on neuropsychological therapy in the field of visual disturbances (visual field disorders caused by a neurological disease, limited ability to read). The optometrist working in the department can offer a special treatment program for diplopia and blurred vision. The department carries out a thorough optometric examination, which serves to determine visual acuity and eye interaction. Based on the examination results, there will be developed a tailored therapy, which aims to provide the patient with the best vision.
The department also has a wide range of diagnostic procedures: Doppler ultrasound of the cerebral vessels, electroencephalography (EEG), electrophysiological diagnostics (EMG, ENG, VP), bronchoscopy, the Clinical Chemistry Laboratory, etc.
The department deals with the rehabilitation of patients after the following neurological disorders and surgical interventions:
- Stroke (cerebral infarction and cerebral hemorrhage)
- Extra- and intracranial cerebrovascular surgery
- Surgery to remove brain and spinal cord tumors
- Hypoxic brain damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Traumatic damage to the peripheral nerve or plexus
- Polyneuropathy / radiculitis
- Muscular diseases
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neurodegenerative diseases, e.g., Parkinson's disease
- Congenital diseases / malformations of the nervous system
- Oncological diseases (tumors of the brain and spinal cord)
The main therapeutic options of the department include:
- Restoration of the musculoskeletal system in Parkinson's disease (BIG-Therapy)
- Mirror therapy
- Differential diagnosis and therapy of both speech and swallowing
- Hardware therapy for mobility restoration
- Balance restoration with Wii Balance-Board
- Treatment of patients with tracheostomy tubes
- Botulinum toxin therapy
- Intensive speech therapy in small groups for patients with aphasia
- Berlin, Germany