MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic Flechtingen
Department of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (25918)
Per Otto Schüller
Specialized in: cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation
About the Department of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation at MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic Flechtingen
The Department of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation at the MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic Flechtingen provides comprehensive rehabilitation for patients after severe diseases of the cardiovascular system, lungs and respiratory tract. The department also offers a unique rehabilitation program for patients after a severe form of coronavirus disease COVID-19 accompanied by pneumonia, respiratory failure and other complications. The department has advanced diagnostic equipment for the assessment of the condition of the heart, lungs, respiratory tract, as well as the general health of the patient. The rehabilitation programs are elaborated for each patient individually according to the specific clinical indications. The rehabilitation treatment is based on therapeutic exercises, physiotherapy, breathing exercises, inhalation therapy and other therapeutic methods. The goal of all rehabilitation measures is to normalize the former abilities of the body, restore lost strength and prevent the recurrence of cardiac and respiratory diseases. The department is headed by Dr. med. Per Otto Schüller.
When admitted to the department, the patient undergoes comprehensive diagnostics, on the basis of which the highly qualified doctors and rehabilitation therapists elaborate a rehabilitation treatment regimen. The patients with cardiac diseases in their medical history undergo such diagnostic tests as resting and stress echocardiography, 24-hour Holter monitoring, transthoracic and transesophageal 3D echocardiography, spiroergometry, long-term blood pressure measurement and other examinations. The patients after respiratory diseases undergo such diagnostic examinations as ultrasound, X-ray, ECG, body plethysmography, spiroergometry, measurement of diffusing capacity of the lungs, pulse oximetry, blood gas test, peakflowmetry, 6-minute walk test, polysomnography in the case of suspected obstructive sleep apnea, etc. The results of the diagnostics allow the department's doctors to comprehensively assess the patient's health and correctly combine the necessary types of therapy in order to achieve the best rehabilitation result. At the initial stages of rehabilitation, the specialists pay great attention to holding special lectures and training, during which they tell the patients about the reasons for the development of cardiac and respiratory diseases, risk factors associated with these pathologies, as well as the need for lifestyle modification (quitting smoking and other bad habits, adherence to the proper diet, daily dosed physical activity, etc.) to prevent recurrence or exacerbation of the disease. Throughout the entire period of rehabilitation, the patients receive care from psychologists. Their task is to motivate the patients to lead a healthy lifestyle, study relaxation techniques for the elimination of unnecessary experiences and depressive states. The rehabilitation therapists also welcome the involvement of relatives of the patients in the therapeutic process.
The department's doctors have in their arsenal many modern and effective methods, which help to normalize the previous abilities of the body and restore lost strength. During the rehabilitation, the department's medical team actively uses such types of therapy as therapeutic exercises, kinesiotherapy, physiotherapy, hydrotherapy, swimming, water aerobics, breathing therapy, aerosol therapy, inhalation therapy, diet therapy and others. The primary task of the department's rehabilitation therapists is to maximally restore the patient's health, as well as to reintegrate the patient into his previous social and professional life. At the same time, the specialists pay due attention to a humane and empathetic attitude towards the patient, and support him in every possible way during the treatment.
The department specializes in the rehabilitation of patients with the following diseases:
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Primary myocardial infarction and its recurrence
- Coronary heart disease
- Inflammatory heart disease
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- High blood pressure
- Autonomic dysfunction affecting the heart and blood circulation
- Conditions after heart transplant
- Conditions after heart valve surgery and coronary artery bypass grafting
- Conditions after coronary artery stent implantation
- Conditions after defibrillator implantation and cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Vascular diseases
- Occlusive peripheral arterial disease (stages I, IIa and IIb according to Fontaine)
- Conditions after surgery on the arterial vessels
- Conditions after abdominal aortic aneurysm surgery
- Conditions after surgery for acute deep vein thrombosis of the lower limbs
- Conditions after surgery for venous diseases
- Lung and respiratory diseases
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Bronchial asthma
- Sleep-related breathing disorders
- Chronic respiratory failure
- Pneumonia and pulmonary embolism
- Lung tumors (conditions after surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy)
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Sarcoidosis and allergic alveolitis
- Severe forms of coronavirus disease COVID-19 accompanied by pneumonia, respiratory failure and other complications
- Other diseases
The therapeutic options of the department include:
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Kinesiotherapy and sports therapy including swimming, water aerobics, strength endurance training and muscle building workouts
- Exercise therapy
- Classic massage
- Heat therapy
- Balneophysical treatments
- Breathing exercises
- Diet therapy
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Physiotherapy, kinesiotherapy, water aerobics, breathing exercises
- Aerosol therapy and inhalation therapy
- Diet therapy
- A unique rehabilitation program for patients after severe form of coronavirus disease COVID-19, which includes breathing exercises, exercises to strengthen the respiratory muscles, respiratory physiotherapy and other types of treatment
- Other rehabilitation treatments
Photo of the doctor: (c) MEDIAN Klinik Flechtingen
Department of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic Flechtingen:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.