MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic Schlangenbad
Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology (25928)
Specialized in: internal medicine, rheumatology
About the Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology at MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic Schlangenbad
The Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology at the MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic Schlangenbad specializes in the rehabilitation of patients with any rheumatic diseases and concomitant internal pathologies. In addition, the competence of the department's specialists includes the rehabilitation treatment of any musculoskeletal rheumatic lesions, including the rehabilitation of patients after joint replacement surgery. Medical care is provided both on an inpatient and outpatient basis. All rehabilitation measures provided in the department are aimed at the alleviation of pain and maximum elimination of movement disorders. The department is headed by Dr. med. Sinan Cilaci.
The department has modern diagnostic rooms with state-of-the-art equipment for the assessment of the condition of connective tissue, joints and the entire musculoskeletal system. The high-precision and high-quality diagnostics prior to the rehabilitation largely determines its success. The department performs such diagnostic tests as classical radiography, laboratory tests, including serologic tests, ultrasound imaging of the abdominal organs, thyroid gland, joints and soft tissues, resting ECG, assessment of the patient's psychological state and others. Based on the diagnostic data, the department's specialists develop an individual rehabilitation program, which will help the patient get rid of stiffness of movements and achieve maximum independence in everyday life.
The basis of the rehabilitation treatment for patients with rheumatic diseases is dosed physical activity under the guidance of specialized doctors. The rehabilitation program is also always complemented by diet therapy – the proper diet is developed for each patient individually by competent nutritionists. It should be noted that the doctors are always guided by the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) during the treatment. Great attention is paid to motivation of patients to fight against the disease and its consequences, return to social life and professional activities. The rehabilitation involves the successful use of both classical therapies and innovative techniques, which proved themselves in the world medical arena.
The department specializes in the rehabilitation of patients after the following diseases:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Seronegative spondyloarthropathies and other inflammatory rheumatic spinal diseases (for example, ankylosing spondylitis)
- Systemic inflammatory rheumatic diseases (collagenoses)
- Joint inflammation in psoriasis (psoriatic arthritis)
- Arthritis in metabolic disorders (gout)
- Concomitant internal diseases, including diseases of the cardiovascular system, gastrointestinal tract, urinary system and respiratory tract
- Other pathologies
The department's service range includes:
- Diagnostic examinations
- Laboratory testing, including serological tests
- Ultrasound scanning of the abdominal organs, thyroid gland, joints and soft tissues
- Resting ECG
- Assessment of the patient's psychological state
- Rehabilitation measures
- Drug therapy, including injection therapy and intravenous infusions
- Cryotherapy in a special refrigerator with a cooling capacity from -70 °C to -110 °C
- Therapeutic exercises
- Sports therapy (for example, walking, aquafitness, water aerobics)
- Breathing exercises
- Functional occupational therapy
- Relaxation techniques
- Occupational- oriented rehabilitation
- Recreational therapy
- Healthy lifestyle training
- Individual psychotherapy sessions
- Psychological training for stress and pain elimination
- Nutrition counseling
- Other medical services
Photo of the doctor: (c) MEDIAN Klinik Schlangenbad
Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic Schlangenbad:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.