Medicana International Ankara Hospital
Department of Oncology (534845)
Specialized in: oncology
About the department
The Department of Oncology at the Medicana International Ankara Hospital ranks among the leading cancer centers in Turkey. The department specializes in the treatment of lung, breast, stomach, pancreatic, colorectal, prostate cancer, etc. For the diagnostics and treatment, the department has at its disposal all methods of the modern evidence-based medicine. The department boasts the state-of-art medical technologies, including Gamma Knife, Cyberknife, LINAC linear accelerators, brachytherapy devices and other facilities. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. İbrahim Tek.
Prior to the development of a treatment plan, a detailed diagnostics is conducted, in which the leading cancer surgeons are involved. To this end, there are used the very latest diagnostic capabilities, for example, PET/CT technology (Discovery IQ), in which the obtained PET and CT images are combined. This method allows the physicians to obtain a detailed information on the localization of the pathological process and its activity. It is successfully applied in the diagnostics of malignant and other diseases. Based on the examination results, within the framework of tumor boards, comprehensive treatment programs are developed.
The department’s range of diagnostic options includes:
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Endoscopic examinations
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- PET/CT (including the Discovery IQ technology)
- Gamma camera
- Scintigraphy and other other radioisotope diagnostic methods
- Laboratory tests
- Pathohistological examinations
The operative treatment options offered here range from conventional open surgery to laparoscopic, robotic interventions. The cancer surgeons of the department have a long experience of successful surgical treatment of prostate, breast, thyroid and lung, female genital, liver, brain cancer, lymphomas and sarcomas, head and neck tumors and other diseases.
In addition to the surgical treatment, if necessary, various therapeutic methods are applied. These include chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, etc. Thanks to this combination, the best treatment results are achieved. For example, in the case of breast cancer treatment, an intraoperative radiotherapy (IORT) is used. The IORT method is also successfully used in the treatment of certain types of cancer of the abdominal organs (for example, pancreatic, stomach, colorectal cancer, soft tissue tumors, etc.).
The department’s service range includes the diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases:
- Lung cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Breast cancer
- Gynecological tumors
- Prostate cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Liver cancer
- Head and neck tumors
- Tumors of the musculoskeletal system
- And other oncological diseases
Education and Professional Experience
- 1990 - 1996 Study of Medicine, Ankara University School of Medicine.
- 1996 - 2001 Clinical Residency, Ankara University School of Medicine, Residency in Internal Medicine.
- 2001 - 2003 PhD thesis defense, Health Science Institute, Ankara University.
- 2003 - 2005 Specialization, Ankara University School of Medicine.
- 1996 - 2001 Residency in Internal Medicine, Ankara University School of Medicine.
- 2001 - 2002 Physician, Department of Internal and Emergency Medicine, İbn-i Sina Hospital, Ankara University School of Medicine.
- 2002 - 2005 Specialization in Oncology, Ankara University School of Medicine.
- 2006 - 2008 Oncologist, Mehmet Aydın County Hospital, Haematology-Oncology Centre, Samsun.
- Since 2008 Founder, Associate Professor, Department of Oncology at the Medicana International Hospital Ankara.
- 2012 - 2014, since 2016, Vice Chief Physician, Department of Bone Marrow Transplantation at the Medicana International Hospital Ankara.
- Since 2016 Chief Physician of the Department of Oncology at the Medicana International Hospital Ankara.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Medicana Health Group
Department of Oncology.
Medicana International Ankara Hospital:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.