Medicana International Ankara Hospital
Department of Cardiology (534918)
Specialized in: cardiology
About the department
The Department of Cardiology at the Medicana International Ankara Hospital offers modern diagnostics and treatment of all cardiological diseases. The department specializes in coronary angiography, angioplasty, non-surgical treatment of heart defects, etc. In collaboration with the Department of Cardiac Surgery, it performs implantation of both temporary and permanent pacemakers. The department's medical team has at its arsenal the cutting-edge technologies, diagnostic and treatment methods. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Mete Alpaslan.
The department belongs to the leading centers of cardiac diagnostics. Initially, the diagnostics is carried out with the help of non-invasive methods. If there are indications, a patient undergoes coronary angiography, which allows to accurately diagnose ischemic heart disease and determine the location, extent and nature of the coronary artery lumen narrowing. This method is used in the diagnostics of congenital heart defects, heart valve diseases and other problems associated with the cardiovascular system. The coronary angiography is usually performed with access through the arm artery (radial artery) or the artery in the groin (femoral artery). Thanks to a number of advantages, the access through the radial artery is more commonly used. The catheter interventions are performed in the specialized in-house laboratory.
The diagnostic range of the department includes the following options:
- Electrophysiological examinations of the heart arrhythmias
- Resting echocardiography and stress echocardiography with physical activities
- Myocardial scintigraphy with thallium
- Cardiac stress tests with real-time analysis of the results
- ECG Holter monitoring (ECG recording during 24 and 48 hours)
- Daily blood pressure monitoring (24 hours)
- Cardiac MRI for the diagnostics and monitoring of the cardiovascular diseases
- Angiography with the use of flat panel detectors
- And other diagnostic methods
The specialists of the department have the advanced experience in conservative and invasive treatment of all cardiovascular diseases. To treat ischemic heart disease, vascular diseases (stenosis or arterial occlusion) etc., angioplasty is used. If there are indications for surgery, the treatment is carried out in cooperation with the hospital’s Department of Cardiac Surgery. For example, the department's specialists perform a large number of operations to implant temporary and permanent pacemakers annually.
The department offers the diagnostics and treatment of the following cardiac diseases:
- Heart valve diseases
- Heart rhythm disorders
- Coronary artery diseases
- Weak heart muscle
- Congenital heart defects
- Arterial hypertension
- Conditions after heart surgery
- Conditions after myocardial infarction
- Vascular diseases
- Angina pectoris
- And other cardiovascular diseases
Education and Professional Experience
- 1993 Medical Education, School of Medicine, Hacettepe University.
- Cardiology Residency Program, School of Medicine at the Ankara University.
- 2003 Associate Professor, School of Medicine at the Selçuk University Meram.
- 2005 - 2011 Physician, Başkent University Konya Hospital.
- 2011 - 2015 Physician, Medline Konya Hospital.
- 2015 Professor, Selahaddin Eyyubi University, Diyarbakır.
- 2016 Physician, Memorial Diyarbakır-Dicle Hospital.
- 2016 Physician, Private Zilan Hospital, Batman, Turkey.
- 2017 - 2018 Physician, Gence International Hospital, Azerbaijan.
- Since 2018 Professor, Department of Cardiology at the Medicana International Hospital Ankara.
Department of Cardiology.
Medicana International Ankara Hospital:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.