Medicana International Ankara Hospital
Department of General Surgery, Kidney and Liver Transplantation (534936)
Specialized in: general surgery, kidney and liver transplantation
About the department
The Department of General Surgery, Kidney and Liver Transplantation at the Medicana International Ankara Hospital offers the full range of general surgery and specializes in the surgical treatment of abdominal organs, such as stomach, duodenum, liver, gallbladder, small and large intestines, as well as in the treatment of abdominal and inguinal hernias, oncological diseases, laparoscopic gallbladder removal, thyroid removal and treatment of hemorrhoids. The department belongs to the international leaders in the field of kidney and liver transplantation. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Fahri Yetişir.
In addition to the surgical treatment of abdominal organs, the service range of the department includes endocrine (thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal diseases), anorectal (hemorrhoids, anal fissures, fistulas, pilonidal cyst, etc.), hepatobiliary (diseases of the liver, gallbladder and bile ducts) surgery. The most important focus of the department is hernia repair – hernioplasty. It offers high-quality medical services for the treatment of abdominal, inguinal and ventral hernias. When performing surgical procedures, laparoscopic methods are preferred.
Furthermore, the department is a recognized international Center for Kidney and Liver Transplantation. Thanks toa long experience, the cutting-edge medical technologies and active research activities, the department is distinguished by the highest level of development in transplantology. It successfully performs a large number of kidney and liver transplants every year. The exceptional experience of the department’s specialists allows them to undertake even the most complex clinical cases, therefore, patients from other countries often come to the department.
The department’s range of diagnostic and therapeutic options includes the following focuses:
- Gastrointestinal surgery (diseases of the stomach, small and large intestine)
- Endocrine surgery (diseases of the thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal glands)
- Hernia repair (abdominal, inguinal and ventral hernias)
- Anorectal surgery (hemorrhoids, interventions on the small and large intestines)
- Hepatobiliary surgery (diseases of the liver, gallbladder and bile ducts)
- Breast surgery (including in collaboration with the Department of Oncology)
- Surgical treatment of varicose veins
- Emergency surgery (acute appendicitis, perforated ulcer, acute cholecystitis, etc.)
- Kidney transplantation
- Liver transplantation
- Other diseases and treatment methods
Education and Professional Experience
- 1992 - 1999 Study of Medicine, School of Medicine, Hacettepe University.
- 1999 - 2005 Residency Program in General Surgery, Dışkapı Education and Research Hospital, Ankara.
- 2005 - 2006 General Surgeon, Elazıg Military Hospital.
- 2006 - 2010 General Surgeon, Elazıg Harput County Hospital.
- 2010 - 2016 General Surgeon, Ankara Etlik Education and Research Hospital.
- 2013 - 2016 Specialization in Liver Transplantation, School of Medicine, Inönü University, Malatya.
- 2016 - 2017 Chief Physician of the Department of General Surgery, Minasera Aldan Hospital.
- 2017 Professor, Department of General Surgery, Kidney and Liver Transplantation at the Medicana International Ankara Hospital.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Turkish Surgical Society.
- Society of Endocrine Surgery.
- Society of Clinical Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition.
- Medical Society of Ankara.
- Turkish Association for Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgery
- Turkish Society of Colorectal Surgery.
- Member of Board, Turkish Surgical Society.
- European Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism, ESPEN.
- Metabolic Surgery Society.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Medicana Health Group
Department of General Surgery, Kidney and Liver Transplantation.
Medicana International Ankara Hospital:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.