Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Department of Adult and Pediatric Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (302849)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric dentistry, oral and maxillofacial surgery
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul offers the full service range in these medical fields. The main areas of the department's specialization include aesthetic dentistry (teeth whitening, smile makeover, placement of veneers and lumineers), treatment of dental diseases (root canal treatment, fillings), dental prosthetics, surgical interventions in the maxillofacial area (dental implantology, treatment of jaw diseases), orthodontics in children and adults, periodontology (treatment of gingival diseases). The department has all the advanced treatment methods and the very latest materials, which allow doctors to give their patients a beautiful and healthy smile. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Sina Uçkan.
The department's specialists have unique experience in oral and maxillofacial surgery. It diagnoses and treats diseases, injuries and deformations of the mouth, teeth and jaws. In addition, the department's specialists perform the extraction of retained teeth, correct hard and soft tissues of the oral cavity for further denture. The department's doctors also achieve excellent results in the correction of congenital and acquired maxillofacial deformities, cleft lip and palate, disorders of the masticatory system and aesthetic problems caused by incorrect position of the upper or lower jaw.
Another priority field of the department's work is implantology. The department offers the full service range for the implantation of one or more teeth under local or general anesthesia. The term of implant fusion with the jawbone depends on the density of the patient's bone tissue and averages from 2 to 6 months. After complete fusion (osseointegration) of the implant, a removable or non-removable denture is installed. In addition to its physiological and aesthetic function, the implants also prevent the development of jaw osteoporosis and increase bone mineral density. Any patient with a satisfactory general state of health can undergo this procedure. A careful planning, surgical procedures in sterile conditions and oral hygiene of the patient increases the success of the implantation result.
The department also has a specially trained team of pediatric dentists, which takes care of the health of the teeth of young patients. The therapeutic options in this field include the prevention of tooth decay of deciduous and permanent teeth, the treatment of tooth decay of deciduous and permanent teeth, measures for hardware protection of the dentition from teeth displacement after early tooth extraction, etc.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of maxillofacial defects and diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of dental diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of root canal diseases (endodontics)
- Installation of dental implants (installation of one or more implants)
- Diagnostics and treatment of developmental defects of teeth and maxillofacial skeleton (orthodontics)
- Prevention, diagnostics and treatment of dental diseases in children (pedodontics)
- Diagnostics and treatment of pathological lesions of the alveolar tissues (periodontium)
- Dental prosthetics
- Other services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Sina Uçkan
Education and Professional Career
- 2016 and 2014 Istanbul University, Department of Dentistry.
- 2000 - 2013 Başkent University, Department of Dentistry.
- 2011 Hacettepe University, Institute of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- 1989 - 2000 Selçuk University, Department of Dentistry.
- 1987 - 1988 Internship at the Mevki Hospital.
- 1986 Hacettepe University, Department of Dentistry, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- 1982 Ankara University, Faculty of Medicine.
- 1982 Ankara University, Faculty of Dentistry.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Department of Adult and Pediatric Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.