Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology (302851)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology at the Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul offers the high-precision diagnostics, effective conservative and surgical treatment of diseases of the ear, throat, nose, as well as head and neck pathologies. The department's competent specialists use the very latest treatment methods in their work, as well as have state-of-the-art operating rooms for surgical procedures of any complexity. The department is distinguished by exceptional professionalism in audiology, which deals with the diagnostics and treatment of pathologies of the hearing and balance organs in patients of all age groups, ranging from the neonatal period to the elderly. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Bülent Şerbetçioğlu.
The specialized Section of Audiology carries out the examination and rehabilitation of patients with hearing and balance disorders. It uses the cutting-edge technical means, such as the recording of auditory evoked potentials, videonystagmography, recording of vestibular evoked potentials, computerized dynamic posturography, etc. After the establishment of the cause and degree of hearing loss or imbalance, the team of specialists develops an individual treatment and rehabilitation plan for each patient.
It is worth noting that the department has many options for audiological rehabilitation. These include digital hearing aids, cochlear implants, brainstem implants, middle ear implants, vibrotactile devices, FM systems and auxiliary devices.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of ear diseases
- Hearing loss
- Infectious ear diseases
- Dizziness and imbalance
- Diagnostics and treatment of nasal diseases
- Acute and chronic sinusitis (conservative and surgical treatment)
- Allergic rhinitis
- Nasal hemorrhages
- Nose reshaping
- Surgical treatment of nasal congestion
- Nasal polyps
- Nasolacrimal duct obstruction
- Diagnostics and treatment of laryngeal diseases
- Voice disorders
- Swallowing disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of snoring, obstructive sleep apnea
- Diagnostics and treatment of otolaryngological diseases in children
- Middle ear infections
- Tonsillar diseases
- Allergic reactions and maxillary sinus diseases
- Respiratory diseases
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of head and neck pathologies
- Inflammatory diseases and neoplasms of the salivary glands
- Thyroid diseases
- Congenital neck masses
- All types of head and neck malignancies
- Diagnostics and treatment of other otolaryngological diseases
- 1984 - 1995 Faculty of Medicine at the 9th of September University, Department of Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology Residency, Izmir.
- 1989 - 1995 University of Manchester (England), Master's Degree in Medical Audiology and Postgraduate Training.
- 1976 - 1982 Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul.
- Since 2014 Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology at the Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul.
- 1984 - 2014 Lecturer at the Faculty of Medicine, 9th of September University, Izmir.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology.
Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.