Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Department of Pediatric Surgery (302859)
Specialized in: pediatric surgery
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Surgery at the Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul offers the full range of diagnostics and surgical treatment of various diseases in children from infancy to adolescence (0-18 years). It also performs surgeries to correct severe congenital anomalies in newborns (when a diagnosis is made at the stage of intrauterine development), as well as to treat pathologies, which occur immediately after childbirth. The state-of-art operating rooms and the exceptional skills of the pediatric surgeons working in the department ensure the best treatment results. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Riza Rizalar.
The team of the department's surgeons carries out operations of varying degrees of complexity, including interventions for thoracic diseases (except for the heart), cancer surgery, operations to treat gastrointestinal diseases, surgical treatment of endocrine pathologies, pediatric gynecology, diagnostic and interventional endoscopic procedures, laparoscopic and thoracoscopic surgery, correction of complex congenital malformations, surgical treatment of injuries, hernias, appendicitis, undescended testicle, etc.
When performing surgical interventions, the department's doctors pay particular attention to the protection of the psychological health of the child. Young patients undergo the entire therapeutic process without pain and discomfort. The department uses the very latest, the most safe anesthetics and technological options, which allow thу doctors to carry out diagnostic and interventional measures in children under general anesthesia. For example, children can more easily tolerate CT and MRI under general anesthesia, because during these examinations they need to lie still for about 30 minutes.
The department's specialists carry out preoperative preparation (examination and laboratory tests) and sedative therapy (administration of sedatives) individually for each patient, in accordance with his age and clinical case.
The surgical spectrum of the department includes:
- Laparoscopic, thoracoscopic and cystoscopic interventions
- Laparoscopic surgical treatment of appendicitis in children
- Surgical interventions for inguinal and umbilical hernias
- Surgical interventions for hydrocele
- Surgical interventions for undescended testes
- Surgical interventions for testicular torsion and acute scrotal syndrome
- Surgical interventions for umbilical granuloma
- Surgical interventions for torticollis
- Surgical interventions for fusion of the labia minora
- Surgical interventions for pathological conditions accompanied by rectal hemorrhages
- Intestinal invagination (diverticulosis)
- Colorectal polyps
- Anal fissures
- Surgical interventions for constipation and fecal incontinence in children
- Surgical interventions for pyloric stenosis in children
- Circumcision (in infants and young children)
- Surgical removal of abdominal and thoracic tumors
- Removal of foreign bodies from the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal tract
- Surgical interventions for urological pathologies in children (hypospadias, vesicoureteral reflux)
- One-stage treatment of Hirschsprung's disease
- Surgical interventions for congenital pathologies in newborns (diaphragmatic hernia, esophageal, rectal and intestinal atresia)
- Other medical services
Education and Professional Career
- 1991 - 2014 Faculty of Medicine, Ondokuz Mayıs University.
- 2011 Medical Expert, Committee for Pediatric Urology.
- 1990 Istanbul University, Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine, Pediatric Surgery.
- 1984 Istanbul University, Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Department of Pediatric Surgery.
Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.