Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Department of Pediatric Surgery (302859)
Halil Suat Ayyildiz
Specialized in: pediatric surgery
The Department of Pediatric Surgery at the Medipol Mega University Hospital in Istanbul, headed by Prof. Dr. med. Halil Suat Ayyildiz, deals with diagnosis and treatment of common surgical diseases of children of all age groups, from infants to adolescents (0-18 years). Also, the medical team of the Department performs surgical treatment of complex congenital abnormalities in newborns, which are diagnosed during intrauterine period, as well as abnormalities which occur after birth.
The Department of Pediatric Surgery at the Medipol Mega University Hospital in Istanbul offers a broad range of surgical interventions, from the simple to the most complex. This includes noncardiac thoracic surgery, oncologic surgery, gastrointestinal surgery, child endocrine surgery, child gynecology, diagnostic and interventional endoscopic applications, laparoscopic and thoracoscopic surgery, severe congenital abnormalities, trauma surgery, hernia, appendicitis, undescended testicles.
During the procedures, physicians of the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Halil Suat Ayyildiz pay particular attention to protection of the psychological well-being of children, which underlies a painless and comfortable operation. The Medipol Mega University Hospital in Istanbul has at its disposal contemporary most reliable anesthesia drugs and technical options, which allow the surgeons of the Department to perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures on children, under general anesthesia if needed (small and large operations, computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging).
The specialists of the Medipol Mega University Hospital in Istanbul provide each patient with an individual preoperative preparation program (which contains all required pre-operative tests and examinations) and sedation procedures (sedative medications are used in order to reduce anxiety and emotional tension) in accordance with age peculiarities.
The range of diagnostic and therapeutic services of the Department of Pediatric Surgery at the Medipol Mega University Hospital in Istanbul:
- Thoracoscopic, laparoscopic, endoscopic and cystoscopic interventions
- Laparoscopic treatment of appendicitis in children
- Inguinal hernia, hydrocele, cord cyst
- Undescended testicle
- Acute conditions of the scrotum or testicles (acute scrotum and testicular torsion)
- Testicular torsion
- Other acute conditions associated with testicles
- Umbilical Hernia
- Umbilical Granuloma
- Torticollis (torticollis)
- Labial adhesions
- Rectal bleeding
- Intestinal intussusception (intussusception)
- Rectal Polyps (Juvenile polyps)
- Cracks in the anus (anal fissure)
- Constipation and encopresis in children (Fecal Incontinence)
- Gastric Outlet Obstruction of Baby (Infantile pyloric stenosis)
- Circumcision (in newborns and school-age children)
- Tumor surgery (abdominal and thoracic cavity)
- Removal of foreign bodies from the respiratory and digestive tract
- Pediatric urology (Hypospadias, vesicoureteral reflux)
- Single-stage treatment of Hirschsprung's disease
- Congenital diseases in newborns (diaphragmatic hernia, esophageal atresia, anal and intestinal atresia)
- Istanbul, Turkey