Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine (302860)
Specialized in: pediatric and adolescent medicine
About the department
The Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at the Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul offers the full range of prevention, diagnostics and treatment of diseases in children. The team of the department's doctors admit for the treatment young patients between the ages of 0 and 16 years. The focus is on pediatric endocrinology, gastroenterology, pulmonology, hematology, infectology and allergology. The department has all cutting-edge medical technologies, which allow the doctors to provide top-class medical treatment. The department's specialists take care of the most comfortable stay of the child in the hospital, so the department has excellent playgrounds and rooms, which are made in a special design for children. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Ayhan Taştekin.
The young patients with diseases of the liver and other organs of the digestive system are offered the comprehensive treatment and monitoring, as well as nutrition counseling. The department carries out esophagogastroduodenoscopy (endoscopic examination of the esophagus, stomach and duodenum using a gastroscope), colonoscopy (examination and assessment of the internal surface of the colon), rectosigmoidoscopy (examination and assessment of the state of the rectum and sigmoid colon), 24-hour esophageal pH test (detection of hydrochloric acid discharge from the stomach to the esophagus), endoscopic and capsular biopsy of the small intestine, liver biopsy, etc.
The priority tasks of the department's medical team also include the diagnostics and treatment of endocrine diseases in children. The department mostly admits children with growth and puberty disorders, thyroid diseases, diabetes mellitus, disorders of sexual differentiation, metabolic bone disorders, obesity, adrenal gland diseases, hirsutism, menstrual disorders, etc.
The specialists in pediatric pulmonology take care of the health of the lungs and respiratory tract. The focus is on the children of all age groups with prolonged and recurrent cough, shortness of breath, asthma, cystic fibrosis, sleep disorders, obstructive sleep apnea, snoring, foreign bodies in the respiratory tract, etc. To fight against these pathologies, the doctors use the very latest and the most effective treatment methods
The department’s range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics, treatment and follow-up monitoring of newborns during the first month of life (without surgical intervention)
- Newborn jaundice
- Neonatal infectious diseases
- Pathological conditions in premature infants
- Diagnostics and treatment of endocrine diseases, metabolic disorders
- Thyroid diseases
- Adrenal gland disorders
- Diabetes mellitus
- Disorders of sexual differentiation
- Metabolic bone disorders
- Menstrual irregularities
- Diagnostics and treatment of infectious diseases
- Congenital infections
- Infectious hepatitises
- Diagnostics and treatment of respiratory diseases
- Prolonged and recurrent cough
- Bronchial asthma
- Sleep disorders, snoring, obstructive sleep apnea
- Foreign bodies in the respiratory tract
- Diagnostics and treatment of hematopoietic diseases
- Anemias (for example, iron-deficiency anemia, B12 deficiency anemia)
- Congenital hematopoiesis (for example, thalassemia, sickle cell anemia)
- Bone marrow failure (aplastic anemia, Diamond-Blackfan anemia, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, neutropenia)
- Hemorrhagic diathesis
- Thromboses and other blood-clotting disorders
- Hemophagocytic syndrome
- Diagnostics and treatment of immunological diseases, allergies
- Bronchial asthma (allergic and non-allergic genesis)
- Allergic rhinitis
- Food allergies
- Drug allergies
- Diagnostics and treatment of cardiac diseases, including rheumatic heart lesions
- Diagnostics and treatment of neurologic disorders
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Multiple sclerosis due to immune system disorders
- Van Bogaert's subacute sclerosing leukoencephalitis
- Diagnostics and treatment of nephrological diseases
- Vesicoureteral reflux
- Arterial hypertension
- Kidney stone disease
- Proteinuria, hematuria syndrome
- Kidney failure
- Diagnostics and treatment of rheumatic diseases
- Rheumatic diseases in childhood
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Familial mediterranean fever
- Diagnostics and treatment of other diseases in children
Education and Professional Career
- 2010 - 2012 Faculty of Medicine, Selçuk University.
- 2004 - 2010 Faculty of Medicine, Atatürk University.
- 2002 Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University.
- 1998 - 2000 Work at the State Hospital.
- 1996 Selçuk University, Department of Pediatrics.
- 1991 Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University.
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine.
Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.