Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Department of Pediatrics (302860)
Specialized in: pediatrics
About the department
The Department of Pediatrics at the Medipol Mega University Hospital in Istanbul under the lead of Prof. Dr. med. Ayhan Taştekin covers all fields of Pediatrics and ensures effective prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of children from 0 to 16 years of age. A particular emphasis is placed on such sections as Pediatric Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Pneumology, Hematology, Cardiology and Urology. The Department has at its disposal contemporary medical technologies, which permit to ensure the highest quality medical treatment.
In the Department of Pediatrics at the Medipol Mega University Hospital in Istanbul, patients with diseases of liver and digestive system are provided with a holistic treatment, follow-up care and nutritional support. Various endoscopic procedures are available for the required examinations. These include, inter alia, esophagogastroduodenoscopy (examination of duodenum, esophagus-stomach with the aid of a special gastroscope), colonoscopy (stretching examination of the large intestine), rectosigmoidoscopy (visual examination of the last 30 cm of the colon), 24-hour esophageal pH monitoring (applied for detection of leakage of stomach contents into the esophagus), intestinal biopsy with a capsule, endoscopic biopsy, liver biopsy, etc.
Another focal point of the Department is Pediatric Cardiosurgery. The Medipol Mega University Hospital in Istanbul is a renowned center for surgical treatment of all congenital heart diseases in children of all age groups – from newborns to adolescents. The medical team of the Section for Pediatric Cardiosurgery under the lead of Prof. Dr. med. Ayhan Taştekin consists of highly qualified pediatric cardiac surgeons, pediatric cardiologists, pediatric cardiac anesthesiologists and cardiac intensive care physicians, neonatologists and numerous nursing staff.
Furthermore, the Medipol Mega University Hospital in Istanbul carries out treatment of a broad range of diseases in the scope of hematology. This includes all kinds of anemia (e.g., anemia, iron deficiency anemia, vitamin B12 deficiency anemia, etc.), congenital blood disorders (e.g., thalassemia, sickle cell anemia and dyshemoglobin), bone marrow failure (e.g., aplastic anemia, Fanconi aplastic anemia, Diamand-Blackfan anemia, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, neutropenia), leukemia in children, bleeding diathesis, thrombosis (hemorrhagic diseases) and hemophagocytic syndrome.
The range of services of the Pediatric Urology at the Medipol Mega University Hospital in Istanbul comprises the following diseases:
- Renal cysts, tumors and stone disease
- Kidney ureter junction obstruction (UPJ)
- Ureter bladder junction obstruction (stenosis UVJ
- Ureteral dilatation, calculus
- Vesicoureteral reflux (VUR) (urine leakage from the bladder into the ureter)
- Bladder infections, urinary stone disease
- Exstrophy of bladder
- Sub-opening of the urethra in boys (hypospadias)
- Undescended testicles, hydrocele, spermatic cord cyst
- Orchiepididymitis (testicular inflammation), balanitis-postit (inflammation of the foreskin), and infections such as prostatitis
Main areas of treatment of the Department of Pediatrics at the Medipol Mega University Hospital in Istanbul:
- Pediatric endocrinology and metabolic disorders
- Pediatric infectious diseases
- Pediatric gastroenterology
- Pediatric pneumology
- Pediatric hematology
- Pediatric immunology and allergology
- Pediatric cardiosurgery
- Pediatric cardiology
- Pediatric rheumatology
- Pediatric urology
- 2000 - 2004: Atatürk University Medical Faculty, Department of Pediatrics, Department of Neonatology - Subspeciality Student; Erzurum
- 1991- 1996: Selçuk University Medical Faculty Ankara; Konya
- 1985 - 1991: Istanbul University Medical Faculty; Istanbul
- 2012 - present: Medipol University Hospital, Neonatolgy, Istanbul
- 2011 - 2012: Selçuk University, Medical Faculty, Neonatology (Prof), Konya
- 2010 - 2011: Selçuk University, Medical Faculty, Neonatology (Assoc. Prof.), Konya
- 2006 - 2010: Atatürk University Medical Faculty, Neonatology, Erzurum
Department of Pediatrics.
Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home