Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Department of Pediatric Cardiology (302865)
Specialized in: pediatric cardiology
About the Department of Pediatric Cardiology at Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
The Department of Pediatric Cardiology at the Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul offers the highly accurate diagnostics and effective treatment of heart diseases in children, including congenital heart defects, rheumatic heart lesions and arrhythmias. It successfully performs all types of minimally invasive interventions, particularly, oval window closure and balloon procedures. The department has a reputation as one of the leading centers in Turkey and treats cardiac diseases in children at the highest level of modern medicine. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Volkan Tuzcu.
The department operates a progressive Center for Pediatric Cardiac Arrhythmias. It is one of the few centers in the world, which provides all types of diagnostics and treatment of arrhythmias in children. The service range includes Holter ECG monitoring, physical and pharmacological stress tests, cardiac function assessment using an event recorder, transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography, genetic testing, interventional procedures, cryoablation, implantation of permanent pacemakers and defibrillators, as well as follow-up monitoring of children with such devices. It is worth mentioning the cardiac ablation without X-ray imaging using modern 3D navigation systems. The Chief Physician of the department, Prof. Volkan Tuzcu, takes an active part in its development.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Interventional procedures on the coronary arteries
- Interventions for complications of coronary artery disease: ventricular aneurysm, postinfarction VSD, papillary muscle rupture, ventricular rupture
- Heart valve interventions
- Interventions for congenital heart defects
- Implantation of pacemakers
- Implantation of defibrillators
- Treatment of rheumatic heart diseases
- Pericardial interventions
- Aortic aneurysm surgery
- Endovascular treatment of vascular diseases
- Conservative treatment of arterial and venous diseases
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Volkan Tuzcu
- 1998 Specialist in Pediatric Electrophysiology, Texas Children's Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine.
- 1997 Specialist in Pediatric Cardiology, Children's Clinic of Michigan, Wayne State University.
- 1994 Children's Clinic of Michigan, Wayne State University, Specializing in Pediatric Health Care.
- 1990 Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University.
- 2004 - 2011 Arkansas Children's Hospital, Department of Medicine, University of Arkansas.
- 2003 - 2004 Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati.
- 1998 - 2003 University of Giessen.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Department of Pediatric Cardiology.
Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.