Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Department of Nuclear Medicine (599796)
Specialized in: nuclear medicine
About the department
The Department of Nuclear Medicine at the Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul offers the full range of radioisotope diagnostics and treatment of various pathologies. All procedures are carried out using ultramodern equipment, so that the patient receives a minimum dose of radiation. The department's specialists mostly perform scintigraphy, PET-CT, SPECT-CT, etc. These serve to imagine the anatomical structure and assess the function of the heart, kidneys, lungs, thyroid gland, liver, brain, skeletal bones, etc. The department is one of the few in Turkey with the cutting-edge imaging diagnostic devices, which guarantee the highest possible accuracy. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Tamer Atasever.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics of respiratory diseases
- Lung perfusion and ventilation scintigraphy (Tc99m MAA)
- Postoperative FEV1 assessment (Tc99m MAA)
- Diagnostics of diseases of the central nervous system
- PET brain scanning (18F-FDG)
- Brain perfusion scintigraphy (Tc99m HMPAO)
- Assessment of cerebral ventricular outflow (Tc99m DTPA)
- Cisternography (Tc99m DTPA)
- Diagnostics of cardiovascular diseases
- Myocardial perfusion scintigraphy (Thallium 201 or Tc99m MIBI)
- Myocardial PET scanning (assessment of myocardial performance using 18F-FDG)
- Myocardial scintigraphy with 123I- or I 131-metaiodobenzylguanidine for the assessment of myocardial sympathetic innervation
- Radionuclide ventriculography
- Diagnostics of skeletal bone pathologies
- Three-phase bone scanning
- Whole-body bone scintigraphy
- Bone PET-CT scanning (F18-NAF)
- Diagnostics of diseases of the endocrine and lacrimal glands
- Thyroid scintigraphy
- Parathyroid scintigraphy
- Diagnostics of diseases of the genitourinary system
- Dynamic renal scintigraphy (with DTPA or MAG3)
- Static renal scintigraphy (DMSA)
- Dynamic renal scintigraphy with ACE inhibitors (with DTPA or MAG3)
- Scrotal scintigraphy
- Scintigraphy to detect vesicoureteral reflux (direct and indirect)
- Diagnostics of infectious diseases
- Labeled white blood cell scintigraphy
- Bone marrow scintigraphy using nanocolloid
- Diagnostics of diseases of the hematopoietic system
- Spleen imaging (using denatured red blood cells)
- Hemangioma imaging
- Lymphoid tissue scintigraphy
- Cancer diagnostics
- Radionuclide therapy
- Radioiodine therapy (low dose and high dose)
- Therapy using radioactive somatostatin analogues
- SR-89 radionuclide therapy
- Sm-153 radionuclide therapy
- Re-186 radionuclide therapy
- P-32 radionuclide therapy
- I-131 MIBG radionuclide therapy
- Y-90 microsphere therapy
- Anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody therapy with Y-90 microspheres
- Other diagnostic and treatment methods
- 1992 Faculty of Medicine, Ankara University (Nuclear Medicine).
- 1984 Faculty of Medicine, Erciyes University.
- 2010 - 2011 Gazi University.
- 2006 - 2012 Work in the laboratory in Ankara.
- 2003 and 1996 Gazi University.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Department of Nuclear Medicine.
Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.