Diagnosis and conservative treatment of psoriasis (program ID: 317087)
Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Ali BaleviSpecialized in: dermatology
Department of Dermatology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- immune status (IgE)
- differential diagnosis of other diseases of the skin
- skin scratch/prick tests
- consultation of related specialists
- symptomatic specific treatment
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- control examinations
- full hospital accommodation
- developing of further guidance
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Dermatology at the Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the skin and its appendages, as well as the solution of aesthetic skin problems. The highly qualified team of the department's dermatologists has at its command all modern treatments, including phototherapy, galvanotherapy and a wide selection of dermatologic procedures, such as cryotherapy, electrocautery, puncture and excisional biopsy. The very latest treatment methods in combination with the exceptional qualifications of doctors make it possible to successfully deal even with particularly complex pathologies. The Chief Physician of the department is Assoc. Prof. Dr. med. Ali Balevi.
The department's clinical practice is mainly focused on the diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the skin, hair, nails and skin manifestations of sexually transmitted diseases. In addition, the team of the department's dermatologists is proud of the excellent results in the treatment of eczema, atopic dermatitis, acne, psoriasis, sexually transmitted diseases, genital warts, herpes, herpes zoster, fungal and skin infections, benign and malignant skin tumors, hair and nail diseases, warts, itching of unknown etiology and other skin pathologies.
The key focuses of the department's work include:
- Computer skin mapping, dermatoscopy
- Computer analysis of hair composition
- Analysis of wrinkles, age spots, subcutaneous fat and skin tone
- PUVA phototherapy, narrowband ultraviolet phototherapy
- Allergic tests (skin prick test, open patch test)
- Diagnostics using Wood's lamp (black lamp)
- Dermatosurgical procedures
- Puncture and excisional skin biopsy
- Cosmetic procedures
- Laser therapy (laser devices IPL, Nd: YAG, fractional laser ER: YAG)
- Large selection of chemical peels
- PRP dermatotherapy
- Botox and filler injections
- Other medical services
- 2019 Head of the Department of Dermatology at the Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul.
- 2015 Work in the Private Hospital Medipol, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2013 Work at the Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul.
- 2011 - 2013 Work at the Academic Hospital Şanlıurfa, Turkey.
- 2011 Study of Dermatology and Venereology, Faculty of Medicine, Selçuk University.
- 2006 Faculty of Medicine, Erciyes University.
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Diagnosis and conservative treatment of psoriasis
- Hospital: Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
- access_time Duration:
There are 55 psoriasis treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics