Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology (332393)
Specialized in: urology, pediatric urology
About the department
As a member of the Prostate Center Munich and the Urology Center Munich, the Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology at the MedVZentrum Ebersberg offers urologic diagnostics and outpatient treatment of all urological clinical pictures with the use of the latest progressive methods. The department specializes in the treatment of malignant urological diseases, urinary incontinence and benign prostatic hyperplasia, as well as urolithiasis. The chief physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Martin Kriegmair.
The doctors of the department have additional qualifications and rich experience in such areas of treatment as "Special urologic surgery" and "Drug therapy for cancer", as well as "Primary psychosomatic care".
Main focuses of the department:
- Surgical and drug therapy (primarily for prostate / kidney / bladder / testicles)
- Fluorescent therapy for bladder tumors (transurethral resection of the bladder with Hexvix)
- Clarification and therapy of pelvic floor defects (urinary incontinence)
- Minimally invasive therapy for urolithiasis
- Therapy for prostatic hyperplasia (KTP-Laser Therapy)
- Diagnosis of erectile dysfunction
- Diagnosis and therapy of andrologic problems
- Pediatric urology
- Preventive and subsequent therapy for urological cancers.
The service range of the department includes:
- Abdominal ultrasound with vascular imaging
- Special ultrasound of the external genital organs
- Color duplex scanning of the testes
- Examination of pelvic floor defects
- Intravesical pressure measurement (urodynamic examination)
- Primary psychosomatic care for urological diseases
- Special preventive urological examinations.
- 1978 Matriculation certificate (Abitur).
- 1978 - 1984 Study of medicine, Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1984 State exam and approbation.
- 1985 Assistant Physician, Department of Surgery, Medical University of Lübeck.
- MD/PhD: "Necrosis profile in bipolar high-frequency coagulation"; "magna cum laude".
- 1986 Assistant Physician, Department of Urology, Medical University of Lübeck.
- 1989 Assistant Physician, Department of Urology, Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich, Grosshadern Hospital.
- Since 1989 Consulting Physician of the Cancer Center, focus on "bladder cancer and renal cell carcinoma".
- 1990 Qualified as Urologist.
- 1990 Senior Physician, Department of Urology, Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich, Grosshadern Hospital.
- 1995 Venia legendi, urology, Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich, PD by the Bavarian State Minister of Education.
- 1997 Start of work in the General Urological Practice of Ebersberg.
- 1999 Additional qualification "Urological surgery".
- 2000 Authorization for holding advanced training in urology for other specialists.
- 2001 Board Member of the Urology Center Munich AG.
- 2002 Visiting Professor, Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich.
- 2002 Chief Physician, Department of Urology, Munich Planegg (until 01.07.2002).
- 2003 President of the Southeast Urology Society.
- 2003 Consulting Physician, Urology, optional advanced training "Special urologic surgery".
- 2011 Head of the Medical Center MedVZentrum Ebersberg GmbH.
- German Society of Urology.
- German Society for Laser Medicine.
- American Urological Association.
- Solemn award of the American Society of Urology, 1994.
- Award for innovative development in urology, Dr. Robert Pfleger’s Foundation, 1995.
- 2-nd Film Award of the German Society of Urology, 1996.
- Annual Audio-Visual Award of the American Urological Association-Second Prize, 1997
Photo of the doctor: (c) MedVZentrum Ebersberg GmbH
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.