Memorial Ankara Hospital
Department of Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (609498)
Ozan Luay Abbas
Specialized in: aesthetic, plastic and reconstructive surgery
About the department
The Department of Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Memorial Ankara Hospital offers the full range of services in this field and specializes in correcting imperfections in appearance, postoperative defects, consequences of trauma, congenital anomalies. The department demonstrates extremely high rates of success in the surgical treatment, thanks to which it enjoys an excellent reputation not only in Turkey, but also in many foreign countries. The surgical interventions are performed in operating rooms equipped with state-of-the-art technology, according to the clinical protocols of professional Turkish and European societies. The patients are guaranteed an individual approach, complete confidentiality and excellent results that will allow them to get rid of complexes and gain self-confidence. The Chief Physician of the department is PD Dr. med. Ozan Luay Abbas.
The department uses the most advanced surgical techniques to correct defects in appearance of various origins. The priority is given to sparing minimally invasive techniques, after which recovery takes place within just a few days. Today, it is this type of surgery that is considered the "gold standard" and a global trend. However, depending on the complexity of the clinical case and medical indications, classical open surgery may also be required.
It is worth noting that the doctors of the department widely use 3D modeling systems, which make it possible to assess the result of the operation in advance and avoid unwanted results. For example, a patient comes to the department with a desire to reshape the nose, because he believes that reducing the size of the external nose will contribute to a more harmonious appearance of his face. Before the operation, the doctor conducts an examination, studies the patient's anamnesis and models volumetric images of the final result of the surgical intervention using the computer 3D system. Having seen the result of the operation, the patient can change his wishes, while the surgeon, who performs operations of this kind every day, can give his additional recommendations and imagine them using the 3D modeling system. Thus, the department's surgeons have all the resources to optimally plan the surgical intervention and achieve a result that will fully satisfy the patient.
The department's range of surgical services includes:
- Aesthetic plastic surgery
- Interventions in the face
- Face and neck lift
- Interventions in the body
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Breast lift
- Surgery to treat gynecomastia in men
- Thigh lift
- Arm lift
- Brazilian butt lift
- Intimate plastic surgery
- Labiaplasty in women
- Interventions in the face
- Reconstructive plastic surgery
- Breast reconstruction in women after breast cancer treatment
- Scar revision
- Surgical procedures to treat non-healing wounds
- Removal of skin tumors and correction of skin defects after their removal
- Surgery to correct congenital anomalies of the genital organs
- Reconstructive interventions after burns
- Plastic surgery for facial fracture treatment
- Other medical services
Photo of the doctor: (c) Memorial Ankara Hospital
- Since 2018 Head of the Department of Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Memorial Ankara Hospital, Ankara, Turkey.
- 2012 - 2018 Head of the Department of Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the hospital of the Ahi Evran University.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2014 - 2018 Assistant Professorship, Ahi Evran University, Kırıkkale, Turkey.
- 2007 - 2012 Professional training in Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey.
- 1999 - 2006 Study of Human Medicine at Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey.
- Certificate of Competence in Microsurgery, University of Zurich.
- Basic and Advanced Good Clinical Practices Certificate.
- Certificate of the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
Awards and Honors
- Award of the Turkish Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery for an experimental study on the subject: "The influence of the use of mesenchymal stem cells on sciatic nerve healing in an experimental model of replantation of the legs: functional, electrophysiological, histomorphometric and immunohistochemical analysis."
- Award of the Turkish Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery for an experimental study on the subject: "Improving the regeneration of axons by applying stem cells from adipose tissue to the transverse section of the nerve in an experimental model of facial paralysis."
- Ihsan Numanoglu Award for a study on the subject: "The level of IL-6, TNF-α and IFNγ in the blood and the activity of the immune system in the tissues of the lungs during burns due to the inhalation of smoke."
- Honorary Prize of the General Secretariat of the Association of State Hospitals of Kirsehir.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Turkish Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.
- Turkish Association of Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Turkish Association for Emergency Hand Surgery and Microsurgery.
Department of Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Memorial Ankara Hospital:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.