Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul
Department of Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (609445)
Specialized in: aesthetic, plastic and reconstructive surgery
About the department
The Department of Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul performs all surgical interventions in its areas of specialization at the highest level of modern medicine. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Ercan Karacaoglu.
The team of the department's reconstructive surgeons is engaged in the correction of defects in the appearance and functions of body parts, which were damaged due to injuries, burns, neoplasm removal, etc. The direction of aesthetic surgery is responsible for the improvement of the appearance of the human body, if the patient is not happy with it. All efforts of the department's plastic surgeons are aimed at making a person feel beautiful and improving his self-esteem.
The department has high-tech operating rooms where surgical interventions of varying severity are performed. This or that intervention is preceded by consultations, during which the doctor listens to the patient's wishes, offers him possible solutions to a problem, informs the patient about the possible risks of the operation and the specificities of the recovery period, after which they jointly make a decision. Prior to the operation, the plastic surgeon also simulates the expected result of the intervention using a special computer program, so the patient has a clear picture of how he will look. If possible, the preference is always given to sparing, minimally invasive techniques, which ensure the fastest postoperative recovery of the patient.
The department's surgical options include:
- Aesthetic plastic surgery
- Rhinoplasty (nose reshaping)
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)
- Bichectomy (Bish's lump removal)
- Otoplasty (ear reshaping)
- Face and neck lift
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Breast lift
- Abdominal, thigh and arm lift
- Brazilian butt lift
- Intimate plastic surgery for men and women
- Reconstructive plastic surgery
- Surgical removal of nevi and hemangiomas
- Correction of breast deformities (for example, asymmetry) and reconstruction after breast cancer treatment
- Gynecomastia correction in men
- Cleft lip and palate correction
- Correction of deformities of the hand and fingers
- Correction of deformities of the bones of the facial skull and skull base
- Correction of abnormalities of the genitourinary system in men and women
- Scar revision
- Correction of the consequences of burns
- Correction of the consequences of soft tissue injuries
- Correction of the consequences of removal of the neoplasms in the head and neck, in various parts of the body
- Reconstructive interventions for non-healing wounds
- Other interventions in aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery
- Since 2010 Head of the Department of Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2005 - 2010 Lecturer in Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2003 - 2005 Lecturer in Plastic Surgery, Brown University, USA.
- 2001 - 2003 Work in the Department of Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Deniz Hastanesi Hospital, Kocaeli, Turkey.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2000 - 2001 Clinical Internship in Aesthetic and Breast Surgery, Brown University, USA.
- 1995 - 2000 Board Certification in Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Gülhane Institute of Health Sciences, Ankara, Turkey.
- 1992 - 1998 Study of Human Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Gülhane Institute of Health Sciences, Ankara, Turkey.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
- European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (EBOPRAS).
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
- Turkish Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (EPCD).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Memorial Ataşehir Hospital
Department of Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.