Memorial Bahcelievler Hospital Istanbul
Department of Hair Transplantation (612992)
Atilla Adnan Eyuboglu
Specialized in: hair transplantation
About the Department of Hair Transplantation at Memorial Bahcelievler Hospital Istanbul
The Department of Hair Transplantation at the Memorial Bahçelievler Hospital Istanbul offers top-class treatment for alopecia in accordance with standardized clinical protocols. The department admits both men and women for treatment. The medical facility specializes in hair transplantation using the very latest FUE and FUT techniques, which are recognized all over the world and guarantee a successful life-long result – healthy and beautiful hair. After the transplantation, the hair looks as natural as possible. The hair transplantation is a full-fledged surgical intervention, and therefore it is performed in a specially equipped operating room, in compliance with all safety and sterility requirements. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Atilla Adnan Eyuboglu.
Before the hair transplantation, the patient undergoes the comprehensive diagnostics, which allows the attending physician to select the optimal transplantation technique. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia, which eliminates pain in the patient. Hair transplantation is performed on an outpatient basis and does not require hospitalization.
The essence of the hair transplantation is the extraction of hair follicles (grafts) from the donor site, which in most cases is the back of the head, and their transfer to the recipient site. If the back of the head is not suitable for grafts, the doctor extracts them from the arms, chest, etc. Depending on the degree of baldness, the duration of the operation is from 4 to 8 hours. In the case of large areas of alopecia, several consecutive procedures may be required. After the operation, a special bandage is applied to the patient's head, and in a few hours the patient can leave the hospital. The patient also receives recommendations for further hair care. It should be noted that the transplanted hair falls out a few weeks after the operation, and this is a normal process. After 3-4 months, the new healthy hair will grow, and the final result of the transplantation can be assessed in 1-1.5 years.
The department's specialization covers the following hair transplantation methods:
- FUE hair transplantation. Today, this hair transplantation technique is the best and widely recognized in modern international medicine. One of the main advantages of the FUE technique is that it does not leave any scars on the scalp. An important condition for this type of alopecia treatment is the availability of a sufficient amount of donor material in the occipital and parietal areas of the head. The success of hair transplantation is also affected by such factors as hair color and density, whether it is straight or curly. The FUE technique is ideal both for the treatment of baldness and for increasing hair density in problem areas.
- FUT hair transplantation. FUT hair transplantation also involves the extraction of donor material from the back of the head (harvesting small areas of scalp, not individual grafts) and its transfer to the target area. After the procedure, an inconspicuous threadlike scar remains on the back of the head. The advantages of this transplantation technique include the short duration of the operation – only 3-4 hours, instead of 8 when using the FUE technique. The operation also implies a technically simpler extraction of grafts from a donor skin flap. In most cases of long-term hair loss, FUT is the preferred method as it allows the specialist to work on the entire scalp in order to achieve results, which meet the patient's expectations. The main disadvantage of the FUT technique is more pronounced pain syndrome after surgery as compared to the FUE method.
- Other treatments for alopecia
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Atilla Adnan Eyuboglu
- 2012 - 2017 Specialized training in Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Başkent University, Ankara, Turkey.
- 2005 - 2011 Study of Human Medicine at the Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Since 2018 Head of the Department of Hair Transplantation at the Memorial Bahçelievler Hospital Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2017 - 2018 Work in the Department of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Altınbaş University Hospital.
Additional Qualifications, Advanced Training Courses and Conference Attendance
- Participation in 18 national and international congresses.
- 2017 Laser technologies, including IPL, radio frequency and ultrasound devices for cosmetic procedures on the face and body, Istanbul.
- 2017 Injections of neurotoxins and fillers, Istanbul.
- 2017 Mesotherapy, dermarollers, PRP therapy for skin care, Istanbul.
- 2017 Course on minimally invasive techniques, Antalya.
- 2017 Course on aesthetic breast surgery, Ankara.
- 2014 Louisville Mikrocerrahi course, Frankfurt.
- 2013 Treatment course on acute hand injury, Ankara.
- 2013 Course on physiotherapy and rehabilitation for hand injuries, Istanbul.
- 2006 Course on experimental research on animal models, Istanbul.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Turkish Medical Association.
- Turkish Society for Surgery of the Hand and Upper Extremity.
- Turkish Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Memorial Bahçelievler Hospital
Department of Hair Transplantation.
Memorial Bahcelievler Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.