Memorial Bahcelievler Hospital Istanbul
Department of Pediatric Urology (616891)
Specialized in: pediatric urology
About the Department of Pediatric Urology at Memorial Bahcelievler Hospital Istanbul
The Department of Pediatric Urology at the Memorial Bahçelievler Hospital Istanbul offers comprehensive diagnostics and high-quality treatment of congenital and acquired genitourinary diseases, including malformations, in boys. The department admits young patients of all age groups – from infants to young children and adolescents. The department carries out both conservative therapy using innovative drugs and surgical treatment using endoscopic, laparoscopic and robotic surgical techniques. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Selcuk Sılay.
The doctors often admit boys with recurrent urinary tract infections, various types of neurogenic bladder and enuresis. Conservative treatment methods are effectively used for the treatment of these diseases. In the case of such urological diseases in children as hypospadias, cryptorchidism, varicocele, ureteropelvic junction obstruction, surgical correction is more suitable. All therapeutic measures comply with the most relevant clinical protocols, and are also carried out according to the recommendations of the Turkish and European Societies of Pediatric Urology.
The highly qualified team of specially trained urologists, who regularly demonstrate excellent treatment results, takes care of the health of young patients. It is also important that doctors easily find common language with children, surround them with care, so that the child loses fear of the upcoming treatment. The department's specialists devote enough time to counseling parents, telling them about possible treatment options, their advantages and disadvantages.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of urinary tract infections
- Diagnostics and treatment of enuresis
- Diagnostics and treatment of neuromuscular dysfunction of the bladder
- Diagnostics and treatment of vesicoureteral reflux
- Diagnostics and treatment of kidney stone disease
- Diagnostics and treatment of hypospadias
- Diagnostics and treatment of varicocele
- Diagnostics and treatment of undescended testes (cryptorchidism)
- Diagnostics and treatment of ureteropelvic junction obstruction
- Diagnostics and treatment of bladder exstrophy
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Selcuk Sılay
- Since 2018 Head of the Department of Pediatric Urology at the Memorial Bahçelievler Hospital Istanbul and the Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul.
- 2017 - 2018 Specialist in Robotic Surgery in Pediatric Urology, Mehmet Akif Ersoy Training and Research Hospital.
- 2016 - 2018 Head of the Department of Pediatric Urology, Göztepe Teaching and Research Hospital at the Istanbul University.
- 2014 - 2015 Training in Robotic Surgery for Pediatric Urological Disorders, Texas Children's Hospital, Houston.
- 2011 - 2016 Head of the Department of Pediatric Urology, Clinic at the Bezmiâlem Foundation University.
- 2009 Urologist, Diyarbakir State Hospital.
- 2006 - 2007 Medical Specialist in Urology and Robotic Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2014 - 2015 Specialization in Pediatric Urology, Texas Children's Hospital, Houston.
- 2006 - 2007 Training in Urology, Faculty of Medicine at the Baylor College of Medicine.
- 2004 - 2009 Training for specialization in Urology, Şişli Etfal Training and Research Hospital.
- 2003 Internship in Urology, Faculty of Medicine at the Baylor College of Medicine.
- 1997 - 2003 Study of Human Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine at the Ankara University.
- 65 international publications on PubMed.
- 18 publications and 87 articles on national resources.
- Urological diseases in children.
- Kidney stone disease.
- Ureteropelvic junction obstruction.
- Robot-assisted surgery in Pediatric Urology:
- More than 300 laparoscopic operations in children.
- More than 100 robotic interventions in children.
- 300 closed surgeries for kidney stones in children.
Awards and Honors
- 2018 Crystal Matula Award (Academician of the Year), Copenhagen.
- 2017 and 2018 Academic Encouragement First Place Award of the Istanbul Medeniyet University.
- 2016 Young Academician of the Year Award, National Urology Congress, October 6-9, Cyprus.
- 2011 and 2007 Best Announcement First Place Award, Şişli Etfal Training and Research Hospital, Presentation Competition.
- 2010 Best Announcement Second Place Award (800 EUR): "Richard Wolf Second Prize for the Poster Award", South Eastern European Meeting, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2009 and 2005 Best Announcement Second Place Award, Şişli Etfal Training and Research Hospital, Presentation Competition.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Turkish Urological Association (since 2015 Board Member).
- Turkish Pediatric Urology Association.
- Turkish Society of Andrology.
- European Association of Urology.
- European Society for Paediatric Urology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Memorial Bahçelievler Hospital
Department of Pediatric Urology.
Memorial Bahcelievler Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.