Memorial Bahcelievler Hospital Istanbul
Department of Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology, Urogynecology and Obstetrics (616897)
Specialized in: gynecology, gynecologic oncology, urogynecology, obstetrics
About the department
The Department of Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology, Urogynecology and Obstetrics at the Memorial Bahçelievler Hospital Istanbul offers the full range of medical services in the field of its specialization at the highest level of modern medicine. The specialists in general gynecology diagnose and treat benign diseases of the female reproductive system (for example, uterine fibroids, endometriosis), ovarian menstrual cycle irregularities, clinical manifestations of menopause, hormonal disorders of gynecological genesis, etc. The department's specialists pay special attention to gynecologic oncology, which includes the treatment of malignant diseases of the female reproductive system. The department also provides high-quality obstetric services – comprehensive management of pregnancy, childbirth and postnatal care of the mother and child. The department is headed by Assoc. Prof. Dr. med. Veysel Sal.
The department's doctors use the most progressive methods of diagnostics and treatment of gynecological, urogynecological and gynecologic oncology diseases in their clinical practice. If a surgical treatment is required, the preference is always given to organ-preserving minimally invasive techniques, which allow the patient to maintain reproductive function and lead a healthy sex life.
The medical facility focuses on the treatment of patients with cancer of reproductive organs. The team of doctors specializing in gynecologic oncology provides effective treatment for cancers of the uterus, cervix, ovaries, fallopian tubes, vulva and vagina. The first step on the path to recovery is comprehensive diagnostics, which is carried out using high-precision laboratory tests and the latest imaging equipment. Accurate determination of the tumor location and size, as well as the stage of the cancer process, are the main factors, which guarantee a successful treatment result. These clinical indicators serve as the basis for elaboration of the individualized treatment regimen, which may include surgery for removal of the tumor, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, etc.
The department's service range is complemented by the diagnostics and treatment of urogynecological pathologies. The main ones are urinary incontinence in women and pelvic organ prolapse. The department's doctors admit patients with various types of urinary incontinence, including stress, imperative, mixed, psychogenic urinary incontinence, etc. Initially, the experts try to solve the problem conservatively, but if the effect of such treatment is not sufficient, then the operation is considered. The most modern and effective methods of surgical treatment of urinary incontinence include TVT sling operations (tension-free vaginal tape), TOT (transobturator tape), as well as the needle bladder neck suspension. Therapy for pelvic organ prolapse can also be conservative and surgical. In the first case, the department's doctors prescribe remedial gymnastics with an individual selection of a set of exercises. If it is impossible to solve the problem conservatively, the attending physician selects the optimal surgical treatment method. If surgical intervention is contraindicated, then the treatment with the help of special bandages and pessaries is carried out.
The department's specialists also provide high-quality obstetric services. The obstetricians of the medical center carry out comprehensive management of pregnancy, including high-risk pregnancies, multiple pregnancies. Only the latest ultrasound equipment is used in clinical practice to monitor the course of pregnancy during all trimesters. In addition, many laboratory tests are performed here for assessment of the health of the expectant mother and the development of the fetus. Childbirth takes place in modern delivery rooms equipped with everything necessary for a successful childbirth. If necessary, epidural or spinal anesthesia is performed. Acupuncture, aromatherapy, massage, relaxation baths and other methods are also used to relieve pain.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of gynecologic diseases
- Uterine fibroids
- Ovarian cysts
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Polyps of the uterus and cervix
- Disorders of the sex hormones level
- Ovarian menstrual cycle irregularities
- Changes in a woman's body during menopause
- Chronic pain in the lower abdomen
- Diagnostics and treatment of gynecological oncological pathologies
- Uterine cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Fallopian tube cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of urogynecological diseases
- All types of urinary incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Obstetric services
- Integrated management of pregnancy
- Postnatal care for mother and baby
- Other therapeutic options
- Since 2018 Head of the Department of Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology, Urogynecology and Obstetrics at the Memorial Bahçelievler Hospital Istanbul.
- 2016 - 2018 Specialist in Gynecologic Surgical Oncology, Şişli Etfal Training and Research Hospital.
- 2010 - 2010 Military service, Obstetrician-Gynecologist, ÇORLU 5, Turkey.
- 2010 - 2013 Obstetrician-Gynecologist (Obligatory Medical Practice), Kelkit State Hospital.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2013 - 2016 Specialized training in Gynecologic Surgical Oncology, Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University.
- 2004 - 2009 Specialized training in Gynecologic Surgical Oncology, Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University.
- 1998 - 2004 Study of Human Medicine, Faculty of Medicine at the Istanbul University.
- 36 scientific publications in national and international journals.
- 26 oral presentations at the international conferences.
- Author of the book "Genital HPV (Wart)".
- Author of a chapter in the book "General Treatment of Vulvar Cancers".
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Turkish Society of Gynecologic Oncology.
- Turkish Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Turkish Association of Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgical Oncology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Memorial Bahçelievler Hospital
Department of Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology, Urogynecology and Obstetrics.
Memorial Bahcelievler Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.